News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Superior Drummer Question

Started by CanoeWorkshop, December 13, 2013, 09:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanoeWorkshop

Hi there

I am a total novice when it come to midi and computing side of 2Box so please be patient!

If I bought SD2.0 and wanted to load some kit into my module, firstly would I need to empty out the existing sounds and kits? I already had to delete some stuff to fit in the downloads offered on the official website.

If I liked the SD kits enough I am assuming that I could replace all the kits in the module for a few keepers??

I run a Mac Book Air with solid state 128Gb and 8gb ram with no additional midi or sound card upgrade will that cut it?

Will i have to drag my laptop with me to gigs or will all my chosen kits from SD be in the module stand alone?

I know these are dumb ass questions so sorry in advance.

I am waiting for delievery of my new Drum-Tec Diabolo shell pack and rack. Am keeping cymbals and module for now and based on SD experience will maybe change to TD30 when I become a millionaire. :-))

Thanks in advance
Charlie

Dänoh

Charlie,

allow me to give it a try:

Quote from: CanoeWorkshop on December 13, 2013, 09:15:23 AM
If I bought SD2.0 and wanted to load some kit into my module, firstly would I need to empty out the existing sounds and kits? I already had to delete some stuff to fit in the downloads offered on the official website.

Do you still use a stock module, or have you already performed the card-extender mod?
How much space in total does the module show you?

(To see this, press [UNIT], then use the [PAGE]-buttons to navigate to the 'UNIT-MEM' screen. There, under 'FLASH', you can see the memory available in Gigabytes.)

QuoteIf I liked the SD kits enough I am assuming that I could replace all the kits in the module for a few keepers??

Yes, I'd guess so!

QuoteI run a Mac Book Air with solid state 128Gb and 8gb ram with no additional midi or sound card upgrade will that cut it?

It sounds alright with me, at least for converting sounds.
Though, I can't help you with specifics, as I'm on a PC...  :-[

QuoteWill i have to drag my laptop with me to gigs or will all my chosen kits from SD be in the module stand alone?

The sounds from SD will be in the module stand alone, once you have converted them to .dsnds / .dkit-files and loaded them into your module! After that, you can leave your laptop at home!

QuoteI know these are dumb ass questions so sorry in advance.

No dumb ass questions here... Just dumb ass answers!  ;D 8)

Quotemaybe change to TD30 when I become a millionaire. :-))

Chances, that you won't become a millionaire are almost as high as is the chance that you won't buy a TD-30 after you've heard SD-sounds out of your 2box!

Watch out: Highly addictive!  :)

CanoeWorkshop

Thank you. One step closer to the perfect sound, crap drumming not withstanding ;D