News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Snare that really cracks

Started by Hockeylifer, November 20, 2013, 12:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hockeylifer

Hey All:

I was hoping to get some advice on my next VST purchase.  I have BFD2 and absolutely love it but there is one sound that I can’t seem to get:  a snare hit that really cracks.  As a reference point, if you’ve ever heard the sounds inside the Yamaha DXT502 â€" most of them are pretty much garbage but there is one or two snares that sound awesome.  I think the Maple custom snare is the one I’m referring to, but if I’m wrong, please correct me.

Also, the sound I'm looking for doesn’t have a lot of sustain â€" rather the emphasis is on the attach but it’s a thick enough crack that it works well.  Any ideas or am I being way too vague?

I’ve tried several different techniques including tuning the heads up higher the BFD2 kit page â€" I’ve tried altering parameters in the 2Box module â€" and even though I get pretty much every other good sound that I’m after â€" this is the last one that escapes me.

I appreciate any help or advice.           

Haggis-man

I would recommend the Metal Foundry expansion for SD2, there are a few snares in there that really crack with a short sustain.

Cheers

Hockeylifer

Thanks Brian.  I'll have to check that out.  The one problem is I'm assuming I'd have to Superior Drummer 2 beforehand.  Damn it's never easy.  :)