News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Sound-/Kit Editor has all the functions of the brain...

Started by WeastpaK, November 23, 2013, 01:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeastpaK

...so I can completly configure the brain offline at the pc... :rock:
(... and save, copy, duplicate all parameters etc.)

ciao

Dänoh

Servus, Weastpak.

Which editor are you talking of - the 2box own 'kit editor' ?
As far as I know, you can save and copy kits, don't know 'bout dupicating...
Which version of the 2box editor have you downloaded?

Friendly Greetings!  :)

WeastpaK

Grüezi Dänoh,

the idea of the 2Box Sound and Kit Editor was to create a simple tool to make Kits and convert wav in dsnd.
Quick and easy. Well done, 2Box! But now, its time for more!  ;)

If you prepare you drum modul for different gigs or several bands you play, you can save a lot of time if you can configure you modul completly offline (and copy, save, duplicate all parameters between different setups)

That's what I meant...

ciao WeastpaK

Dänoh

Thanks Weastpak,

I know about the 2box-Editor alright!

Going from the manual (page 2) you can "Copying or Renaming Kits"
and: Saving the Kit Bank or Single Kits

What is missing?  ??? ;)

Lustar

You can have completely different configurations with the external SD card mod. All settings are stored on the card so you can easily switch the card depending on the situation. The only missing thing is to be able to duplicate settings as you suggested.
Several months ago I started working on a program to make it easier to manage .dkit files. The current work in progress doesn't support module settings (only kit settings for now), but I will try to add it. It won't have audio preview for settings but hopefully it will be useful to you since it will be able to copy settings :)

WeastpaK

@Lustar: Great! (pssst....I have a SD Card mod installed   :-X )

@Dänoh: I'm very happy that I have several Drumsets and I play in several bands at different places,... but I have only one modul. ???

I have 2 Jobeky Sets, 1 big Hybridset, 1 DIY...and all Sets have different configuration, Trigger, Pads, Meshheads, Cymbals etc.

With the Kit-Editor I can only assign sounds to a pad/Rim and set the volume/pan and surely I can save it on the SD Card.

But all the modul parameters for Trigger, FX, Loops, Mixer, Routing, Monitoring etc.  I can only configure with the modul.

It would be nice for me to change the settings offline.

ciao WeastpaK

Dänoh

Quote from: WeastpaK on November 23, 2013, 11:30:56 PM
@Dänoh: I'm very happy that I have several Drumsets and I play in several bands at different places,... but I have only one modul. ???

(...)
But all the modul parameters for Trigger, FX, Loops, Mixer, Routing, Monitoring etc.  I can only configure with the modul. It would be nice for me to change the settings offline.

Ahhhh.... now I think I understand!

I first thought you just wanted to copy/duplicate *KIT* parameters.
But what you want to duplicate are *GLOBAL* (Unit???) parameters!

For example, different Trigger or Mixer or FX parameters, for your different drumsets, right?

:)