News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

pcy 135 as hihat...

Started by G-LOOPS, November 13, 2013, 04:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-LOOPS

Hi drummers,
Does anyone can explain how to customise pcy 135 as hihat ?
i've read Manfred's topic but i don't understand everything...

here is his post:

"Usage as Hihat:
To use the Yamaha cymbal as a Hihat you need an additional circuit board for the level detection. This can be either the original board taken from the 2Box hihat or the adapter board which i posted in the other thread. There is also a small modification at the cymbal required. In order to have both zones at the hihat (bow / edge) you need to bypass resistor R2. This can be done by soldering a wire between the pads of this resistor. Of course a 15" cymbal is pretty large for a hihat but it works also with a PCY-135. This was already tested by espen.
"

thanks for your answers
bruno

Manfred

Hi Bruno,

the hihat of most electronic drum kits consists of two functions:

1. Cymbal (with edge and bow detection)
2. Level detection for opening and closing hihat

You can use almost any 2 zone cymbal for the first function at the 2Box module. Also the PCY-135 with a slight modification. But the cymbal is only(!) for the first function. What you need additionally is the second function which means level detection for opened and closed. Without that it does not work at all. Thats why i wrote that you need another circuit board for it.

Regards, Manfred

G-LOOPS

Manfred,
thanks for your reply but what is the work to do to connect the 2 circuit board? can i use the 2box hihat's circuit board as 2nd circuit board ? thanks
bruno