News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Would a cymbal from a different brand work?

Started by Danmandrums, December 24, 2009, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danmandrums

I was wondering wether a cheap cymbal like a session pro cymbal pad or a roland or yamaha cymbal pad would work on the kit. Any information would be appreciated :)

viina

Quote from: Danmandrums on December 24, 2009, 08:36:56 PM
I was wondering wether a cheap cymbal like a session pro cymbal pad or a roland or yamaha cymbal pad would work on the kit. Any information would be appreciated :)

Hi, as posted on to next -today tried YAMAHA PCY-135, and YAMAHA PCY-65 cymbals, both worked perfectly!!- hope helps...

Danmandrums

Quote from: viina on December 25, 2009, 12:00:00 AM
Hi, as posted on to next -today tried YAMAHA PCY-135, and YAMAHA PCY-65 cymbals, both worked perfectly!!- hope helps...
Thanks allot :)

espen

Quote from: viina on December 25, 2009, 12:00:00 AM

Hi viina.
Do you mean that all three zones (bell, bow, edge) and choke work properly?

viina

Quote from: espen on December 28, 2009, 11:03:33 AM
Hi viina.
Do you mean that all three zones (bell, bow, edge) and choke work properly?

Yes!

espen

Quote from: viina on January 04, 2010, 12:35:56 PM
Yes!

That's great news! Does anybody know about hi-hat or drum pad compatibility? The DrumIt5 module could be very interesting if it is available some day.

UC

My DD4 toms work well with the 2box brain, but there's no rim (never been a tom-rim player myself anyway).

roel

What about roland cymbals and hihat? smartrigger cymbals and hihat? yamaha cymbals and hihat?
I need more information about that because I want to create a electronic drumset from different brands.
so the best of both worlds.

macleod

Quote from: Danmandrums on December 24, 2009, 08:36:56 PM

I have Millenium MPS-400, working fine.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_mps400_stereo_becken_pad.htm

roel

Manfred

Today I tried a Yamaha-Cymbal at the 2Box too. There have been sounds from all zones but the mapping was not as expected. If I hit the bell there is the same sound as at the edge. And if I hit the bow at different positions, I get normal bow-sound or bell-sound. Choke works correct.

I thought I can use a Yamaha-Cybal as Ride and the two 2Box-Cymbals as Crashs. But the test wasn't very satisfying.

Did I do something wrong?

Greets, Manfred

puttenvr

Hope the extra (spare) cymbals will hit the shops soon

kunkyape

I am waiting for my order from smart trigger to turn up next week as I have a splash, china and crash so will feed back!

Cheers

Baby Samus

Quote from: kunkyape on April 10, 2010, 05:59:01 PM
I am waiting for my order from smart trigger to turn up next week as I have a splash, china and crash so will feed back!

Cheers

Looking forward to hearing about these  ;D