News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Module availability

Started by hemiboy, October 16, 2013, 05:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Anybody take delivery recently of the latest  batch of 2 box modules in the US

digitalDrummer

He may be curious about whether there are any differences. There was a hint that it would include some Tama sounds, but I haven't heard anything further about that.

fulrmr

Quote from: digitalDrummer on October 25, 2013, 03:00:33 AM
He may be curious about whether there are any differences. There was a hint that it would include some Tama sounds, but I haven't heard anything further about that.

Me either....maybe Scott knows for sure.

Greg the groove

I actually emailed 2Box about if the new kits on their site like the Red Sparkle, Tama Warlord, or Beech kits would be included on the newest modules and they replied back with, those aren't stock kits of 2Box so you'll have to download them from the website as usual for any new kits. Sucks, but I'm sure it isn't difficult to download new kits onto the module. It sounds like it will be the same module with the newest OS?

fulrmr

Quote from: Greg the groove on October 25, 2013, 05:09:24 AM
I actually emailed 2Box about if the new kits on their site like the Red Sparkle, Tama Warlord, or Beech kits would be included on the newest modules and they replied back with, those aren't stock kits of 2Box so you'll have to download them from the website as usual for any new kits. Sucks, but I'm sure it isn't difficult to download new kits onto the module. It sounds like it will be the same module with the newest OS?

....and  as usual.....they will probly be FREE! Won't find that on most of the "other brand" sites.  ;)

hemiboy

got my module today waited just under 7 months Setting it up tommorow or sunday after work. Stoked!

fulrmr

hemiboy

thanks Dan it has been great! And I am not pining over my old roland kit anymore , i like the 2 box sounds better

Greg the groove

I wasnt impressed at all with the Tama Warlord kit or the Red Sparkle kit either. The toms sound decent on the Red Sparkle but the kick I didnt like at all. There was nothing useable on the Warlord kit IMO.

THe Cube Beech kit was pretty decent. IMO the best sounding stock kit the 2Box has is the first Live Kit but it still needs work and EQing to get some thump from it. THe Nasvall snare is REALLY nice and stands out among all other snares. It actually is up there IMO with some VST snares Ive been using.

When I loaded and played some VST sounds from Superior Drummer for example and compare them to the stock 2Box kits, they are almost night and day difference. They are EASILY without even thinking about it, that much better sounding. Some of the stock kits are way nicer than Roland's but when you get into actually playing VST samples on the module, its out of this world better. Not sure if its the way they were recorded or who recorded them or not, but it is quite noticeable.

If I were forced to just using the stock kits and it wasnt an open system, Id feel "OK" about using kit 1 Live kit and tweaking it out some, but I wouldnt be 100% happy. Being able to load what you want is the real magic of the system.

Dänoh

Greg,

you have summed it up with real nice words!

:rock:  :patbat2box: