News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

80's snare sound anyone?

Started by welshsteve, October 12, 2013, 10:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Hi,
I have tried desperately to get the Mutt Lang/Def Leppard/Bryan Adams Snare (well, and kick but I never got that far) And had a crack at making my own using logic snares which only seem to be available if you try (try being the most appropriate term) to replace a recorded drum sound from an audio track.
Anyway, I layered, compressed, gated, eq's until the cows came home (and I don't own any!... but they bloody turned up regardless)
From there, I programmed about 15 hits (I know I should have done a lot more, but the sound hardly changed form hard to soft anyway) and used wiredtap studio to record the sounds, split on silence and from there, I loaded all the WAVs into Drumit 5 application to pad centre (didn't do a rim) and saved as a dsnd file
and this is the result.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/twa600bf9nvtseq/Logic%2080%27s%20Snare.dsnd
However, if you notice, when the sound on the module is set on "VAR" on low hits, you hear silence on small hits?! WHY!? If you set it to FIX or TOP... no problem but the sound is WAY less natural, if that's the word as the sound by it's nature is anything BUT natural of a snare drum.
Anyway, if you're after a big 80's, you might like this. I haven't tried doing toms or kick, the silence thing kinda told me that I was missing something so before I try and make anymore, I'll figure out what that is. I have email 2box with the sound, who very graciously said they'd looking into it but have't come back to me as yet.
I got some Superior snares and Kicks, but I am not sure sharing them would infringe copywrite or something.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

welshsteve

Further to this, I have read on another post that I might be infringing on copywrite. The 80's sound is my own made from various different samples, layered and processed on my own. Is this still infringing on copywrite?

Nubium

Hi,
i would like the '80's snare sound, but the dropbox link doesn't work anymore.  Can you help? thanks

welshsteve

Ah,
Sorry I needed to free up some space and forgot to re-upload if. If you email me, I can mail it to you directly.
Welshsteve@mac.com