News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Replacement mesh heads and compatibility with other brands

Started by Alex, December 23, 2009, 03:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi All,

Have been playing on my new kit for a few days now and noticed that 2 of the mesh heads on the toms have started to fray slightly. It has got me a little worried about the longevity of these heads as I haven't had a lot of time to play the kit, altogether 3 hours at the most.
I wouldn't have thought that a few hours play should show any signs of wear yet.

Is there anywhere to get replacement mesh heads yet?

Also has anyone else tried other mesh heads on their kit? Was looking at the 10"s here http://www.wembleydrumcentre.com/Catalogue/Drum-Centre/Electronics/Replacement-Heads, as they are made by Remo I thought they may last a bit longer.

nonoduweb

Hi
I use a roland Vdrum mesh head on the snare pad and the result is better than the other head.
I just had a problem with the rim which triggered when I banged the head, and I solved it by changing the thresold on the rim.

Alex

That's good news thanks. How do you change the threshold just for the rim though?

b

Quote from: Alex on December 23, 2009, 10:24:05 PM
That's good news thanks. How do you change the threshold just for the rim though?

Press UNIT on any kit, then go down to the TRIG page, then hit the rim you want with your stick, under 'Type' it should change to Rim, you can now change the threshold.

nonoduweb

If this solution doesn't work, just press the MORE button with the channel button you want on the left (SNARE, TOM, ...) and this will select the rim.

(On my kit, I can't select a rim directly by banging on it if it has the "sound0".)