News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Wow...really crappy news on Canadian delivery times!

Started by mcrackins, July 26, 2013, 01:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrackins

I ordered my kit at the beginning of June from Long & McQuade. They are a major music store chain in Canada . Was told it would take roughly 3 weeks. I've checked back a few times and the sales rep pressed the distributor on an ETA.

He just got back to me today on the feedback from the distributor...word for word.

"OMG I don't know why, but delivery is now slated for November on the 2Box kits? We have been pushed back multiple times by 2box. Our delivery dates have come and gone"

That's almost 6 months from my initial order!....totally sucks. I wonder if the US is the same?
That seems like a massive delay since the Tama/Hoshino partnership was announced in January.

Anybody have any insight?

Jerimiah40

Oh wow... I'm in Canada as well, and I've had a kit for about a year now, but I had to send the hi-hat in for repairs, it's been 2 months and all I've heard is "They are waiting for a 2Box order to come in with parts." No ETA whatsoever.

hemiboy

I ordered one this pAst April in new jersey USA from guitar center and they told me I would have it in June or July at the latest and now in August they are telling me oct or nov. I don't care how good this module is or sounds, this company leaves much to be desired as far as customer service goes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are out of business or close to out already . This company SUCKS! There I said it and I am glad!

Murgen

I can only say you are right. We deserve some sort of statement about this. I am very happy with my 2Box from April 2012 but it is also a displayed used model from the shop because the shortage is a structural thing. German distributor told me production would be solved Fall 2012 ... Au contraire it seems. Weird, weird, weird.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

Yeah, I'm not one to enjoy waiting after making a decision, so I can relate and feel your pain!

There were some speed bumps when 2Box first released the Drumit Five and started shipping and selling the kits and modules in other parts of the world. So, while the date has gotten pushed back for the US and Canada hopefully it is just that same type of delay getting the initial stock out.

As far as the product and support though I have nothing but praise for Bengt/2box. I love the way the OS has been freely improved and updated, with new free sound samples, loops, editing software, songs, etc. And that on a continuing basis, unlike some companies that release a model, offer one sound/OS upgrade at a price and then discontinue the model and sell the next one. And this 2Box module kicks butt with how great it can sound with the open sound source. I wouldn't trade this for one of the competition's modules that sell for about double the price!

Hopefully the delays are just growing pains .... J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

hehehehehe.....the company does not suck. In fact...they are  much better at customer service than Roland and actually listen to what we as customers suggest for improvements....and even offer upgrades and new sounds for free. Something you wont find at Roland. If you want blame anyone....blame Hoshino. From my understanding 2Box was ready to go on time as first  scheduled...then Hoshino stepped in and wanted multiple changes  before they would give the green light and approve the kits for distribution. Frankly if it wasn't for all us Americans p!ssing and moaning about not being able to purchase directly from a US distributor....the market would probly be flooded with 2Box kits and modules.  ::)

As far a  statement...you probly won't hear any of the details directly from "the  company" because no one wants to p!ss off the the  folks who are supposed to be doing the "world wide" distributing and  making them money. ::)

I don't think you have to worry about 2Box "going under" any time soon....they are just getting started. ;)

digitalDrummer

Quote from: fulrmr on August 07, 2013, 11:56:41 PM
If you want blame anyone....blame Hoshino.
Sorry Dan, I don't think you are in possession of all the facts here. Is Hoshino responsible for delays in Europe and other markets as well?
This is a complex issue and we need to be really careful about commenting without the full story (if we care about accuracy and truth, that is!).
It would really be helpful if 2box issued some kind of official statement about the state of play - not least to stop the speculation and end the confusion.

fulrmr

Quote from: digitalDrummer on August 08, 2013, 01:18:30 AM
Sorry Dan, I don't think you are in possession of all the facts here. Is Hoshino responsible for delays in Europe and other markets as well?
This is a complex issue and we need to be really careful about commenting without the full story (if we care about accuracy and truth, that is!).
It would really be helpful if 2box issued some kind of official statement about the state of play - not least to stop the speculation and end the confusion.

Hey...I'm just commenting on the delays for the  US that were given to me by what I consider a reliable source. I never once even mentioned Europe. So as far as I know...my  comments are in line with the facts that were being discussed about the US  delays. If you have further info about other areas and the  "complexity" of this issue(for accuracy and truth's sake)...please feel free to share.

I agree that an "official" statement would be nice. Have you used your official press credentials to inquire about this?

Murgen

Just the bitter fact that waiting in Europe for the full kit are more then 20 weeks too. I noticed even the module is out of stock at Thomann.

And yes, this is the most open en flexible edrum concept ever. I enjoy my trip on 2Box every day.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

mcrackins

UPDATE: Sent an email to 2box and they got back to me right away. They apologized for the delays and understand the frustrations, but they did give me the November date for Canad and told me it would be worth the wait.

I understand having a large company coming in to do WW distro is most likely the main issue.
I wonder what other changes will take place? We're hearing Tama hardware, additional kit samples... maybe a colour change?

Maybe they are waiting for the fall/xmas rush?

It would be nice to hear something from 2box, along the lines of "not to worry things are on track for the fall refresh"

The store I ordered from, asked me if I still want to wait....I'm going to go ahead and wait and see what happens....but if there isn't any news by October, I'll have to rethink what I'm going to do. No way I'm going Roland/Yamaha after all I've seen/heard.

digitalDrummer

fulrmr

Quote from: mcrackins on August 09, 2013, 05:56:11 AM
UPDATE: Sent an email to 2box and they got back to me right away. They apologized for the delays and understand the frustrations, but they did give me the November date for Canad and told me it would be worth the wait.

Very cool indeed. It was worth the wait the first go around....I'm sure it will be well worth the wait this time too. ;)

hemiboy

Being in a sales business , I can truly appreciate the posts stating that 2 box really should respond with some sort of statement  acknowledging the delays in production and an approximate ETA for arrival in the USA Canada and Europe. As far as what I have heard from others about the actual quality of this product, and the customer support, I have heard nothing but rave reviews! In a fit of frustration, I made a statement saying that the company sucks. I would like to apologize to 2 box, the for and Bengt for saying  that. Now, I will stop whining and wait for this product. I sold my Rolands in April and after converting my 50 year old Ludwigs to an e kit, I have been waiting ever since for this module ever since. But, anyway, when the module comes , I will enjoy it when it comes, I m sure!

mcrackins

Well, heard from the music store I ordered from today. They said my kit will arrive in January. 2box apparently 2box halted production for several months, probably for the retool. 7 month wait!!....Can't wait til I can finally get my hands on this kit!

Poonicorn

Hey mrcrackens

I'm also in canada and feel your pain a bit.  For me I had an easy time getting the kit (or should I say I was lucky), but finding any spares or 2box stuff on L&M is rough.

I couldn't help but notice you saying you had a A conversion waiting for your 2box stuff.  If that's the case, I saw a module on the classifieds for $800 like new in box, and I'm selling a 2box hihat in toronto.  If you ever really did get impatient enough, a module and hat setup is still easy to find if you look around.  If you need a full kit though , good luck to you lol..

Cheers!