News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Acoustic Triggering With 2box

Started by Alicefan1, May 31, 2013, 12:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulrmr

Quote from: StudioG4 on July 25, 2014, 09:29:08 PM
I'm using wronka internally mounted triggers on all my drums, and they work really well. I use remo muffle rings on all the drums (just like the 2box pads) and I have absolutely no cross talk but I just want to see if I can get a little more sensitivity on the snare (I love ghost notes). That's why I'm eager to learn more about the inHEADs. I figure to use a full remo muffle under the inHEAD so it is acoustically quiet and leave the wronka trigger in place as a backup.

You'll never achieve "acoustic silence" with acoustic heads of any sort even with the full Remo disks. It sounds like slapping a cardboard box with fly swatter. Been there...done that. It's actually rather loud...and not at all acoustically pleasing is a small space. My suggestion for get the most silence from this particular type of build would be to stuff the entire shell from head to head with foam and batting layers. This would be the same premise that Boom Theory used on their SpaceMuffins and it has been the "quietest" kit I've played that uses acoustic mylar heads....albeit still is much louder than any mesh kit.