News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Acoustic Triggering With 2box

Started by Alicefan1, May 31, 2013, 12:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alicefan1

Hello, I`ve just joined this forum, can anyone tell me how well the 2box will trigger acoustic drums. I have been triggering my acoustic set for many years starting with the old Simmons Trixer and up to the Roland TD12 with Roland triggers which is great for triggering but the drum sounds  are not up to much. That is why I`m thinking of getting a 2box module, any help appreciated.
                                                 Thank`s

HumpieDrum

2 box works great with triggers on your drums.
I use 2box on stage with Ddrum triggers and one Roland trigger.
It works. Take time to make your sensitive settings and go!

I use a Aquarian Inhead system on my snare.  :rock:

Humpiedrum
From the Netherlands

Alicefan1

Thank`s HumpieDrum, I`m also using the Aquarian InHead waited a long time before it got released, just waiting for the tom heads now. How did you get on with the Bass Drum trigger supplied with it ? I didn`t like it I still use my Roland BD trigger

HumpieDrum

I am still using my Ddrum trigger. Never used the bass trigger from Inhead.

Let me know when you get your tomheads from Aquarian inheads please.
I wanna know if you happy with it.

I wait a long time for the snare inhead
(I am from the Netherlands) but it is great !

Did you see the onheads?

I don't like the looks of an electronic drums but the sounds are great!
specialy from 2box module.

If bought an extender card reader from member JMan so the module has upgrade to a 32gig card!

Do you use real cymbals?

I like to talk about this stuff.

where your comming from?

Alicefan1

I`m from Swansea,South Wales UK. I will let you know........if they`re are ever released ::) . I use Paiste Signatures cymbals I have used triggers for a long time,do you have any crosstalk problems with a 16" Floor tom, I have to dampen them down a bit. I will contact again, I like talking drums too, but I have to go now because I`m playing a gig tonight. The OnHeads look to big and make the drum higher and harder to hit.

HumpieDrum

Sorry,

I don't use a 16 floortom. I like a little set up 10"+12"+14" hanging toms. :D
14" I use as floortom with a Roland trigger.
On the right side i have a digital 12" Hi-hat from Alesis Surge with sounds out of 2box.
(hi-hat closed) in some set up a digitale cymbal crash,ride/bell or other sounds.
On the left i use a Roland spd sampler with midi out to midi in 2box brain. :P
When i need a low tom (16") or a second bassdrum, i play it on a pad from the SPD. The sounds come out of the 2box. ;)

I am ussing Sabian AAX cymbals now but I am still looking for digitale cymbals (with good looks)
I like the looks of Zildjian AE but the sounds are no good to me.
maybe with a piezo trigger!  ::)

Have fun with your gig!
Saturday I go to Belgium for a gig and Sunday i have a gig in Zaandam (the Netherlands)
So I talk to you soon .......after this weekend!!! :drum3:

Humpiedrum

StudioG4

Humpiedrum, How do you like the inhead? They are starting to ship and I'm seriously interested. Unfortunately, there is no place to try before buying so I have to go on recommendation. Did you use anything else before the inhead, and if so, how do you compare? Thanks. Tony G

StudioG4

So, they have been out for a while now. Can anyone give any review/recommendations for the inHEAD? I'm especially interested in using for my 13" snare. I'm assuming I can use a muffle ring to dampen the acoustic impact sound.
Thanks!
Tony G

digitalDrummer

Tony, there's a review coming out next week in the August digitalDrummer. If you're not yet a subscriber, hop on now and sign up (it's still free) and you'll get an alert when the new issue goes live.
And yes, we tested both the inHEAD and onHEAD with a 2box module.

StudioG4

I anxiously look forward to that review. Any idea of the day it will be available?
Many thanks!
Tony G

hemiboy

I think if you suscribe which of course it is free, you will automatically get an e mail when the issue is out . It is usually there within the first 4 or 5 days of the month anyway !

StudioG4

Yes, I am subscribed, just a little antsy to get the info. I'll just have to wait  :-P

hemiboy

Yeah that word , wait, especially when it comes to my drums, doesn't fit in my vocabulary very well

Greg the groove

I use Ddrum Chrome Elite triggers on my PDP acoustic kit, regular coated heads and it works great with the 2Box module. I mix both mic sounds with the triggered sounds.

StudioG4

I'm using wronka internally mounted triggers on all my drums, and they work really well. I use remo muffle rings on all the drums (just like the 2box pads) and I have absolutely no cross talk but I just want to see if I can get a little more sensitivity on the snare (I love ghost notes). That's why I'm eager to learn more about the inHEADs. I figure to use a full remo muffle under the inHEAD so it is acoustically quiet and leave the wronka trigger in place as a backup.