News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Please help!!!!

Started by giusfre, May 27, 2013, 02:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmonkey

sounds like maybe there is a bad connection somewhere between the card slot and the card.

the extender might be damaged, or maybe there is an issue with your SD card.

giusfre

Ok! With the original SD card inside the module everything is ok (except for the hi-hat! It Always sound "10" even if I hit edge, tip, bow, open, close, pedal....)
With the 32 GB SD card inside the module also ok! So it was the SD card extender!!!
Now I wil try to re-do the SD card extender mod again with a new extender trying not to pinch the cable between the metal parts of the module (if this was the problem?!).....

fishmonkey

ribbon cables are quite delicate, so you definitely don't want to pinch the cable in the case. ideally it should be loose enough that it can slide around a bit.

Jman

There is actually a little bit of a gap/slot between the module and the bottom plate. Don't bring the cable through too close to where the screw fastens the plate and it should be fine, with enough space to slide freely like fishmonkey says.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

giusfre

Done! Seems to works fine!!! ;D
To be extremely sure not to pinch the extender cable I haven't put back the two screws on the side of the extender....

Now only the hi-hat have problems!

Murgen

What SD-card do you use in the extender, the same as in the regular module. If not, try the original SD in the extender to eliminate a slow card issue.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

Quote from: giusfre on June 05, 2013, 02:37:18 PM
Done! Seems to works fine!!! ;D
To be extremely sure not to pinch the extender cable I haven't put back the two screws on the side of the extender....

Now only the hi-hat have problems!

You should be fine to put the screws back in. There is actually enough space between the plates as long as the ribbon goes in at least 1/2" or more below the top screw.

I'm not sure I understand the Hi Hat problem though. Can you explain a little more? Are you able to calibrate the Hi Hat? What do you mean by "10"? Are you talking about velocity or the zone indicator when in the Unit settings? The HH zones are 4 (Bow) 8 (Edge) and 9 Pedal ... ??

please elaborate ....

Also ,,,,, just in case. Make sure SAVE is set to On in the Unit settings. That is what allows you to make changes to your settings.

giusfre

I'm not sure I understand the Hi Hat problem though. Can you explain a little more? Are you able to calibrate the Hi Hat? What do you mean by "10"? Are you talking about velocity or the zone indicator when in the Unit settings? The HH zones are 4 (Bow) 8 (Edge) and 9 Pedal ... ??

please elaborate ....

When hit the hi hat it sounds "10" even if I hit bow, edge or pedal at all different velocity!!! Only when I open it sound different.........

Also ,,,,, just in case. Make sure SAVE is set to On in the Unit settings. That is what allows you to make changes to your settings.
[/quote]
Yes...I have set the save option on!

Jman

Quote from: giusfre on June 07, 2013, 03:11:14 PM

please elaborate ....

When hit the hi hat it sounds "10" even if I hit bow, edge or pedal at all different velocity!!! Only when I open it sound different.........

Yes...I have set the save option on!
What is the Gain setting for the Hi Hat? Have you tried lowering that?

giusfre

After few weeks of trying to set a decent hi-hat sound and response I can definitely say that there is something wrong in my hi-hat because it is not possible it works so bad!!! I have tryed the roland's one and is way way better!!!