News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Year, 1991. This is your Ddrum Kit!

Started by Hellfire, December 19, 2009, 04:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire

I just put up what I think is a fun post about eDrumming in the 1990"s. I was influenced heavily about eDrums during this time frame. In the post you will see pages from a Modern Drummer magazine from 1991 with prices of most edrum equipment of that time frame! Plus there is a really cool picture of a Ddrum kit that I thought some of you guys here would like. Enjoy...Here's the link:

puttenvr

Those were the days
Even Dennis Chambers could smile then ...

Steve

I had a ddrum2 and it would still blow away most anything on the market aside from ddrum 3 - 4 AT and 2box.  I even used a lot of ddrum 2 sounds in my ddrum3.

A used ddrum 2 as pictured if you could find one is a smart move. Cymbal playing not quite there but you could buy something else for cymbals and completely blow away the TD-20

rythm

Quote from: Steve on January 15, 2010, 12:21:14 AM
I had a ddrum2 and it would still blow away most anything on the market aside from ddrum 3 - 4 AT and 2box.  I even used a lot of ddrum 2 sounds in my ddrum3.

A used ddrum 2 as pictured if you could find one is a smart move. Cymbal playing not quite there but you could buy something else for cymbals and completely blow away the TD-20
Agree, besides the sounds I especially loved the kick design. Coming from acoustics it was also a pleasure to carry ;D

puttenvr

Quote from: Steve on January 15, 2010, 12:21:14 AM
I had a ddrum2 and it would still blow away most anything on the market aside from ddrum 3 - 4 AT and 2box. 

That's quite obvious since e-drum developments have stopped since then. Yamaha and Roland still devaluate their own modules by putting the same louzy sounds into them, over and over again for less money