News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

kick drum mk2 settings

Started by rudimetsak, February 12, 2013, 06:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudimetsak

I noticed that the kick drum on the ghost notes isn't trigered...could somebody provide me with the correct settings?Now i have set the gain at 7 ,the threshold at 48 and the other parameter on normal...

edtc

try to chose KICK 1 ... kICK 2 is meant to avoid double triggering ... or ghost notes...

if it s still not ok ,chose PAD 12 or  14

rudimetsak

this is now
kick1,gain:8 ,thres 48,normal

maybe is sensor problem???

edtc

..maybe...

try to swap the kick pad with the snare drum pad ,  and see if it triggers better...

try to tighten the mesh head too...

rudimetsak

I have the drum kit mk2 for a year now and I didn t have any problems until I replaced the meshhead and after the ghost notes the trigger doesn t seem to work well, is there any case it s a sensor problem? should I tighten more the mesh? Any suggestions are welcome

*thanx mr edtc

rudimetsak

it's ok.

i very squeezed the mesh from kick and now it's ok but i have much bounce,

for bounce i put a patch?

edtc

... Glad you re OK ....

I m not sure that a patch will reduce the bounce a lot ...  But it s important to have one to protect the meshhead from the beater .... mostly if it s a felt or a plastic one ... 

You can use Evans patches ( used by many here ..)   or simple gaffa tape .

For the rebound , i guess you ll get used to it with time ... if not , you can try a tennis ball beater ...

have a nice day

rythm

Murgen

I swapped from the factory kick head to the 628 double layer head and that reduced the rebounce big time. Play with the tennisball and no patch.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

rudimetsak

hi again ,

just noticed that the screw that connects the kick pad to the rack mk2 it's broken,no working(no screws)...what to do, I am unhappy

Murgen

E-mail 2Box with the picture and your serial number and they prolly send you a replacement in a week. Their after sales services is excellent.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012