News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Picking a 2box drumitfive ex-demonstration model

Started by numbnuts, December 16, 2009, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numbnuts

Hi all

Ive sourced a ex-demo 2box kit, dating from September (or so the guy says) So it is obviously the old version without the new polycorbonate heads. Price is good and i can pick it up tomorrow.
Question - Is the old version of the 2box OK?  Are there any kind of problems with the first version of 2Box?
I heard the main difference between the new and the old 2box, is the polycarb heads and the hi-hat clamp . And i think i can get the new clamp through 2box and have this delivered to me .
I do need some advice from the experts here, is it worth it or will be In a world of poop? I have been told that it has been hardly used (dont they all say that?) it comes with original boxes, etc

Thankyou

HM

Quote from: numbnuts on December 16, 2009, 07:54:19 PM
Ive sourced a ex-demo 2box kit, dating from September (or so the guy says) So it is obviously the old version without the new polycorbonate heads. Price is good and i can pick it up tomorrow.
Question - Is the old version of the 2box OK?  Are there any kind of problems with the first version of 2Box?

As far as I know, the first version had the orange body cast in aluminium. The new one has body made from polycarbonate. Polycarbonate is a hard and very shock-resistant plastic, actually also bullet-proof windows are made from one type of polycarbonate. (I just had a polymer technology exam on Monday). The new rims should perform as good as the previous ones. And of course the old ones are ok, too. The heads should be the same mesh heads as before.

Once you have updated the software to the newest version, the set should function just like the new one. So the old one is very OK. You should also be able to get the hi-hat clamp that has been added to the new version.

wbrs

I think Simpan said he felt there was less crosstalk between the head and the rim with the new material.

puttenvr

Did they change the rims or the (orange) body? This is confusion for me. Boekhour told me the body is still made of metal. Not plastic. So, is it the RIM which is made of polycarbonate?

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on December 16, 2009, 08:52:15 PM
Did they change the rims or the (orange) body? This is confusion for me. Boekhour told me the body is still made of metal. Not plastic. So, is it the RIM which is made of polycarbonate?

yes it is only the RIM

Scottie

Hi Everyone

It is just the rim that is now polycarbonate, everything else is the same, from the aluminum body to the sensor. I spoke with Bengt about this new rim, and he told me that the triggering behavior between the two is the same, apart from that you might have to add a bit more gain with the polycarbonate rim. So people that have got the aluminum rims are not missing. As i have said in previous posts this was simply a manufacturing decision.

Thanks
Scott

roel

Quote from: Scottie on December 16, 2009, 09:51:24 PM
Hi Everyone

It is just the rim that is now polycarbonate, everything else is the same, from the aluminum body to the sensor. I spoke with Bengt about this new rim, and he told me that the triggering behavior between the two is the same, apart from that you might have to add a bit more gain with the polycarbonate rim. So people that have got the aluminum rims are not missing. As i have said in previous posts this was simply a manufacturing decision.

Thanks
Scott

and when comes the drum-it five SE?  :animal:

boekhour

It is just the rim that is now polycarbonate, everything else is the same, from the aluminum body to the sensor.

I thought that already as puttenvr stated. The toms have a cold feel, its metal!

Scottie

Quote from: roel on December 16, 2009, 10:12:34 PM
Hi Everyone

Thanks
Scott

Where did the DrumIt Five SE come from  ???  ;) Believe me when i say that there are NO plans what so ever for anything like this.

roel

Quote from: Scottie on December 16, 2009, 10:24:48 PM
Quote from: roel on December 16, 2009, 10:12:34 PM
Hi Everyone

Thanks
Scott

Where did the DrumIt Five SE come from  ???  ;) Believe me when i say that there are NO plans what so ever for anything like this.

haha you never know... :P

numbnuts

I have to say this kit superb, just travelled 200 odd miles to pick it up, got it for 1300 quid from promenade music in morcambe bay, The guy was great, threw in two sets of drumsticks, a seat, and a decent pair of headphones for free . Awesome . 
We dissasembled the kit in the store - real quickly.  The rack just folded neatly into my honda. bass peddle and symbols lay on top, and Boxed the rest of the kit
Got back to Derby and fitted the kit together in less than half an hour. Very enjoyable to play. It does need the new updates / firmware so i will sort that tomorrow. Havn't played drums for years, and even then i was pretty shoddy so iam kind of learning from scratch.
Love the size of the drum heads , snare sounds amazing. Tom toms are good, cymbols excellent. Hi-hat needs configuring and does not feel secure, but i will look into that tomorrow.