News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DIY HiHat Adaptor - Anybody has the schematic plans ?

Started by Drumminator, February 08, 2013, 09:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumminator

Hi,

as it seems not to be possible to buy one of those HiHat adaptors presented in another thread of this forum i would like to build it by myself.

Problem:
I can´t find the schematic plans showing the wiring and components.
(... former pics of the plans in the forum are down also)

Anybody can help ?

Thanks !

edtc

hi

First i have to say that the components present on Manfreds HH adapter are really tiny ...small as a rice grain .... such chips are really tricky to solder , difficult job even for a skillfull technician ...

for the schematics , try to send a PM to Manfred directly

have a nice day

PS: i m quite sure that if enough people order him a board , he will make a new batch when he has time ...   Manfred , let us know how many will be ok for you , making the batch worth doing it  ...

.....lets say 15 for austraila .... 15 for Jman ;) could be nice to sell A to E hihats  with boards  :rock:....  and it could be nice for some of us who allready have a board , to have some spare , in case of malfunction.... lets say 10 ... maybe some Edrum artisans could need some ....

digitalDrummer

I know this may sound dumb, but has anyone tried ordering a board from 2box?

Drumminator

Hi to "edtc" !

I agree completely. Soldering smd can be a nightmare.

But my plan is to rebuild it with the equivalent components in "standard" sice.
I will use a normal project board which is easy to handle.
Thats also the reason why i asked for the schematic diagram and not the printed smd board layout.

I will follow your advise to contact manfred, lets see ...

Thank you for the tip !
--------------------------------------------

Hi to "digitalDrummer" !

If i am right then the circuit of manfreds adaptor has some modifications compared to the original 2box board. (... resulting in a wider gain range for example).
In addition to that i also want to add some of my ideas like an electronic dropclutch, douple Pad input, solid external gain poti etc ... all on one project board. The complete sice doesn`t matter also, because the only thing that has to be near the HiHat is the "Hall - Sensor" interacting with the magnet on the pedal or the cymbal depending on the system you want to use. The rest of the electronics can (will) be elsewhere.
So the 2box board is not the solution in my case. ... and we are in the "DIY" corner here  ;)

Thank you !