News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Idiots guide to the module anyone?

Started by wanabe, February 01, 2013, 07:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanabe

My Jobeky kit with 2box module arrives on Monday. I have had a quick play on a kit but not had a great amount of time with the module. I have downloaded the manual to my iPad and read it through a few times (before anyone yells "read the manual") and it seems quite complicated, particularly to navigate between functions (unit?). Are there any noob tips you can provide as experienced users - I want to shorten the learning curve if possible and not run into frustration and enjoy playing rather than looking up things in the manual. I am surprised nobody has written an idiots guide. To me, the manual is not that logical in the way it is set out.

sandman

Unfortunately coming from a guy who has owned the 2Box module since the week of Christmas, there really is no shortcut or easy way to learn the module layout. The manual is actually your best friend. There isn't any YouTube videos that I could ever find that would explain it in short. Best advice, just play around with it and learn the functions. I can do everything I want to do with the Sound Editor Software and it's very simple once you experiment. Don't worry about overwriting or deleting anything, you can always restore it back to factory and start over again like I have done several times. I did the 32Gig upgrade to my module and love it! It's one of the best mods you can do to your module. I have already filled up two 32 Gig SD cards with different kit samples downloaded from around the web. It's a powerful module and capable of lots of hidden potential, just get in there and experiement each day to learn something new. Good Luck!

Jovato

Best advice I can give is to not overwhelm yourself and look for things as you need them.  The kit sounds great out of the box, so it really isn't necessary to understand all the editing parameters just to get going (unlike othe brands  which sound like ass until you really dial them in).  As you need something, go looking for it.  The first thing you are going to want to do is enable the save function (disabled by default).  Calibrating the hi-hat is easily done.  Setting up trigger type, gain, threshold are all easy from the first Unit page.  Selecting instuments in the 1st kit page is easy as well.  Next adjust volume and pan to your liking.  Play your ass off for several hours.  Then worry about EQs, effects, gates and finally editing your own sound files as you need them.  Enjoy the kit. 

tower of p

Quote from: sandman on February 02, 2013, 03:55:31 PM
... I have already filled up two 32 Gig SD cards with different kit samples downloaded from around the web. ...

Hi Mr Sandman,

do you have any links with good (and free?) sounds you filled your 32gb with? Would be great if you could share, I´d appreciate it!

Cheers,
Lu

wanabe

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The tips are appreciated and may help alleviate any initial frustration when delving into the settings.

Can you just explain why you recommend the first thing I should do is enabling the save function?

Thanks

Murgen

Quote from: wanabe on February 02, 2013, 08:09:04 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The tips are appreciated and may help alleviate any initial frustration when delving into the settings.

Can you just explain why you recommend the first thing I should do is enabling the save function?

Thanks

Because otherwise the changes you make can not and will not be saved.  ;D
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012