News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

picked up the 2box!

Started by boekhour, December 16, 2009, 03:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boekhour

Hello everybody,

Just picked up the two boxes with orange prints on it, you guess what? Yes, the 2box ;-).

I'm so lucky to live 4km nearby a musicstore (Eiland Muziek, Arnhem, the Netherlands) which had have the first version of the 2box at a display in their showroom the past three months. They also got a couple of new kits delivered this week! And because I was the first customer who asked them about this kit (>6months ago) they were so kind to sell me their first 2box kit.

Now I'm gonne unpack, set it up, make some pictures and post them here.

airdrummer

allright man!!! :rock: waiting for pictures and review!!!! 8)

Remi

Congrat man, :rock:

I wanna know all about the new rims (polycarbonate)  and hi-hat.

roel

Quote from: Remi on December 16, 2009, 04:04:38 PM

geluksvogel! hebben ze daar nou de 2box op voorraad?

boekhour

Quote from: roel on December 16, 2009, 05:16:40 PM
Quote from: Remi on December 16, 2009, 04:04:38 PM

geluksvogel! hebben ze daar nou de 2box op voorraad?

No they just had 3 2boxes delivered, from <10 in the whole Benelux. They expect the next delivery somewhere half januari. I'm setting it up first imprssion are very positieve, nicely and sturdy packed, beautifull pads etc. Will post you an update later this evening.

wbrs

Glad to hear your wait is over. Now go play some drums.

Simpan

I can tell you right now that the poly carbonate (or something like that?) rims are great, very sturdy and I cant see how even I would be able to break them. I experience much less talking between the rim and the snare, so I cranked up the gain and threshhold pretty damn high (which you really have to do since the poly carbonate rims seem to be less sensitive than the zinc ones). All in all, the new rims are great :D.

roel

Quote from: boekhour on December 16, 2009, 03:43:10 PM
Hello everybody,

Just picked up the two boxes with orange prints on it, you guess what? Yes, the 2box ;-).

I'm so lucky to live 4km nearby a musicstore (Eiland Muziek, Arnhem, the Netherlands) which had have the first version of the 2box at a display in their showroom the past three months. They also got a couple of new kits delivered this week! And because I was the first customer who asked them about this kit (>6months ago) they were so kind to sell me their first 2box kit.

Now I'm gonne unpack, set it up, make some pictures and post them here.

show us the pictures!!! :rock:

boekhour

I'll make a different setup using my own hihat-stand and twin pedal. the 2box computer iteself will me mounted at the left side. In one an hour I'll post some pictures also with the orginal hihat stand.

boekhour

Every bit is packed in an excelent way. It's even a joy to unpack all the stuff. Every kubic inch of the 2 boxes is occupied... ;-)

puttenvr

Hi boekhour

We just talked at the phone, but (again) congratulations with the kit. I hope to buy my second 2box soon, which I will use with my band in practice room and (perhaps) live as well. But for now: have fun with the kit.

boekhour

Quote from: puttenvr on December 16, 2009, 08:50:24 PM
Hi boekhour

We just talked at the phone, but (again) congratulations with the kit. I hope to buy my second 2box soon, which I will use with my band in practice room and (perhaps) live as well. But for now: have fun with the kit.

Thank you Puttenvr, but at first I have to post some pictures here before I can play ha ha

boekhour

Building the rack is easy. I've some experience with drum-racks, but with the rack-manual even a novice can do the job.

Notice the hihat holder. In the rack manual another one is displayed (same as the first showroom-batch, 3 months ago?)
The one delivered with my kit is longer, looks heavier and has an extra lower support

In the manual:

Delivered with the kit:

boekhour

One little thing. The 2 screws in the little plastic bag deliverd for the mounting the computer where to long. And the manual warns not to use long screws! LOL. The circuits inside might be damaged when you use to long screws.  

Or I made a mistake, I don't know, but there where only two screws in a seperate plastic bag and the computer is the only part which is mounted with 2 screws.
I solved this by using some little spacerrings and everything is even more soild now.

Remi

Great job.
The front bar at the bottom you can place it in two different directions.
WHy do you choose the bow facing you?