News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Using native BFD wave files to build DSNDs...

Started by Jovato, January 21, 2013, 07:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovato

Greetings.  I finally had some time today to sit down and try to build a few DSND files from my VSTs.  I've reviewed several tutorials that all have you capturing waves from the VST and editing.  This makes me wonder if I am missing something.  Once you unpack it, BFD (at least from the Jazz'n'Funk expansion pack) already has all of the actual .wav files grouped in nice little folders according to instrument type and articulation.  Is there any reason you wouldn't want to just drag and drop these native files into the 2Box sound editor.  I realize you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the effects in the VST, but you should have great sounding raw files that are already properly normalized etc.  Does anybody see a disadvantage with doing this?

Jman

Quote from: Jovato on January 21, 2013, 07:24:51 PM
Greetings.  I finally had some time today to sit down and try to build a few DSND files from my VSTs.  I've reviewed several tutorials that all have you capturing waves from the VST and editing.  This makes me wonder if I am missing something.  Once you unpack it, BFD (at least from the Jazz'n'Funk expansion pack) already has all of the actual .wav files grouped in nice little folders according to instrument type and articulation.  Is there any reason you wouldn't want to just drag and drop these native files into the 2Box sound editor.  I realize you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the effects in the VST, but you should have great sounding raw files that are already properly normalized etc.  Does anybody see a disadvantage with doing this?

Because it involves disassembling the VST to a degree .... it violates the FXpansion EULA ... That is one thing that FXpansion as well as the other VST companies are adamant about. We have been given some leeway as to using the program recording instruments/kits, then using the recordings in the module. So we should be careful to stay in their good graces.

Also the WAVS are not simply stereo ... from my recollection they have something like 5 parts. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

On a positive note ... Also Jovato, there will be a version of SDSE in the very near future that will build dsnds from BFD2 in the same one click manner it works for SD2 and AD now. I'm testing beta versions now for Lustar and it is working very nicely .... final improvements are in the making before release ... (there I go telling secrets again  ;D) J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jovato

Okay, now I get it ;)  That is indeed good news about the SDSE.  Can you point me to this tool along with maybe some instructions on how to use it with AD- which I also have.

Jovato

Doh!  Just saw the sticky.  Will look into it.