News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box wishlist...

Started by spoenk, December 15, 2009, 10:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdevr000

Hmmm yes, that's true.
However is 2Box planning to only sell the module?

Calimero

Yes they are,the question or wish was if it would be fully compatible with Roland and Yamaha etc.
I don't know if this would be possible technically but more important legally.

hdevr000

Who is going to sum all the wishes and put them in a nice wrap gift box and hand it over to 2box ;)

Scottie

Quote from: hdevr000 on January 15, 2010, 01:31:14 PM
Who is going to sum all the wishes and put them in a nice wrap gift box and hand it over to 2box ;)

Hi hdevr000

I know for a fact that 2box watch this thread  ;) so all these wishes are being heard!!

Thanks
Scott

TrommelTheo

the possibility of buying single pads (toms and cymbals) in different sizes (8 / 10 / 12 "), and wireless connection from pad to brain :animal:, only one Volume-button and the Rest over Touchscreen  ;D ;D  :rock:

Theo

hdevr000

Yes I think in the next release they turn it into a touchscreen :)
:patbat2box:

spoenk

some of the wishes posted here would require hardware changes to the module which i think is not going to happen ... in my opinion using all the possibilities of the hardware by introducing software updates is enough to make the drumit a great system (which it already is with a few limitations)

hdevr000

Here is the list so far:

-. the editor software (already confirmed by 2Box)
-. make PHONES an assignable output on the NODE page (to get 8 outputs)
-. fix the flawed hihat samples (done?)
-. provide some mono samples
-. a metronome function
-. MP3 support for songs (already confirmed by 2Box)
-. using the brain as a midi device over usb
-. possibility to put a song in pause, and start it from the point you want
-. possibility to mute the opened hihat (like the cymbals)
-. possibility to play with brushes
-. exercises in the kit for practising and being more precise
-. some effects
-. ADAT output
-. possibility to load and save differents "unit" configurations in the kit
-. different cymbals sizes (for example, a ride!)
-. more equealizer settings
-. trigger function on the pads....if I hit a rim, a different kit should load
-. a function that will flash the light of the bass drum according to your rhytm of bass
-. make the 2box module full compatible with others like roland, yamaha,pearl,alesis etc.
-. tighten more or less the wires of the snare drum

spoenk

the hihat samples are fixed ...

as far as the snare wires are concerned i'd say this is not possible in a sample based system --- or only possible with different sample sets of the same snare

hdevr000

spoenk

Ramsh

As I trigger an acoustic kit I'd like to get the 2box with a layout like this
http://www.vip911.net/images/products/DM5.jpg

I wouldn't need as much buttons, except volume and power and a software to make all changes on a pc or notebook.
Like a graphic of the head vibration to analyse it and to get the right trigger settings. Saving the changes on the rack module simultaneously.

hdevr000

How on earth would that be possible?

UC

Not with an OS patch, that's for sure :)

nonoduweb

Quote from: spoenk on January 15, 2010, 02:54:40 PM

as far as the snare wires are concerned i'd say this is not possible in a sample based system --- or only possible with different sample sets of the same snare

Hi,

that can be also a sound of wires which can be added with the sound of the snare drum, I do not know.

I just wrote that to advance the schmilblick  :) ( French expression: push this thread a little further).

It is necessary to bring most features possible for the kit.
That can be software to train or learn the drums, games, reader mp3. We could choose to load or not these programs when switching on the brain. Maybe that these programs can be developed in open source...
Does anybody have an answer concerning the positional sensing?