News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

meshhead for 2box!

Started by drummer81, December 13, 2009, 04:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

I tried the 2-ply heads. There are strong, but noisier than 1-ply heads. Every head gives a little snare buzze due to the 2 plies of mesh

rythm

Quote from: puttenvr on March 14, 2010, 08:09:20 AM
I tried the 2-ply heads. There are strong, but noisier than 1-ply heads. Every head gives a little snare buzze due to the 2 plies of mesh

You think DrumtecĀ“s 1-ply are as strong as Remo (Roland) mesh heads? I only have experienced their heads.

drummer81

Quote from: puttenvr on March 14, 2010, 08:09:20 AM
what the booze is? is it related to rebound? the roland meshhead 2-ply have better rebound than 1-ply?

puttenvr

I don't think rebound has something to do with 1 or 2 ply

franz-tanz

Hi,
recently I bought a 12", 2ply, drum-tec design mesh Head and a 10" 2-ply ddt Head.
The drum-tec design Head is a little more noisier than a 1-ply Head(compared to a t-drum-head) . But IMHO it is acceptable. The Buzz is only slight. They are made of a very fine material. The rebound is less than that of a t-drum Head.  More natural.

But the ddt 10" 2ply Head is too loud. The material is more coarse and the sound they make is not acceptable. The rebound is quite bouncy. (not natural)
I will send it back.

Now I ve got a question.
What about the roland heads. Someone knows for sure it is 2-ply?
Cause I can't remember the buzz when hitting it last time I been to musicstore.
If they are they must produce a sound when hit.
Thanks for any reply

What mesh head can you  recommend?
The design heads are good IMHO.
bye
Franz

drummer81

mesh head of the bass drum 14" was ripped. do you suggest me to replace it with what? i want something resistant . as far as i am searching, i am between the 2ply and 1ply(roland heads,pearl mesh head and the pintech heads). every opinion is welcome

puttenvr

My experience is that the 2ply heads are strong, but a bit noisy. I had 2 of them on an acoustic tomtom and they both gave a snare like hiss.

1-ply heads are less noisy but not so durable. Since the 2Box kick pad has foam underneath (meanwhile: old pad style) you can try to buy a 1-ply head again. T-drum and Drum-tec heads are a good choise.

BTW: why did the mesh head rip?