News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

meshhead for 2box!

Started by drummer81, December 13, 2009, 04:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummer81

i have drums 2box and the leather of the floor was ripped. do you suggest me to replace it with what? i want something resistant but not expensive.

roel

Quote from: drummer81 on December 13, 2009, 04:26:33 PM
i have drums 2box and the leather of the floor was ripped. do you suggest me to replace it with what? i want something resistant but not expensive. as far as i am searching, i am between the pearl mesh head and the tdrum. every opinion is welcome

the leather of the floor was ripped? you mean that your mesh head is broken?

drummer81

Quote from: roel on December 13, 2009, 05:37:35 PM
i have drums 2box and the leather of the floor was ripped. do you suggest me to replace it with what? i want something resistant but not expensive. as far as i am searching, i am between the pearl mesh head and the tdrum. every opinion is welcome

Yes Is Broken

roel

Quote from: drummer81 on December 13, 2009, 07:35:00 PM
Quote from: roel on December 13, 2009, 05:37:35 PM

Yes Is Broken

how is that possible, did you hit too hard on it?

Remi

drummer81

the roland white meshhead it's compatibility with 2box pad's?

puttenvr

p929

Hi people, I've read several post with this same issue, and now that my set is supposed to come soon, I'm wondering how resistant the meshes are?

I've read that mainly they're broken due to strong strokes or broken-tip sticks, but in normal conditions, how long do they last? Are 2box meshes as resistant as roland's and yamaha's?

Are these broken meshes covered by the warranty?

UC

I think there are only a few dodgy heads that have slipped through the cracks of Quality Assurance...I guess it's very difficult to test or even see if it's going to happen before it does.

My advice is stay calm, and see if the shop you bought it from can get a replacement head to you quickly - or send a private message to Scott at Hand in Hand Distribution.

cheers
Tom

macleod

Quote from: p929 on March 11, 2010, 07:14:00 AM
Hi people, I've read several post with this same issue, and now that my set is supposed to come soon, I'm wondering how resistant the meshes are?

I've read that mainly they're broken due to strong strokes or broken-tip sticks, but in normal conditions, how long do they last? Are 2box meshes as resistant as roland's and yamaha's?

I have my kit since Xmas and I spend 10-12 hours a week playing it - so far no problem with the mesh heads

alainV

Quote from: macleod on March 11, 2010, 11:57:33 AM
I have my kit since Xmas and I spend 10-12 hours a week playing it - so far no problem with the mesh heads

Wow, if I had played drums 10-12 hours a week.... What a good drummer I would be!  ::)

Baby Samus

I tried the T-Drum heads and they seemed a little thinner than the ones that come with the 2Box, a little more bouncy too.  I prefer the 2Box heads.  Roland heads are nigh on indestructible but of course they cost a lot.

How about Hart?  I hear their Kontrol Screen heads are nice.

UC

A while back I bought a set of mesh heads for my DD4 - 3x10", 2x14" I think it was from Arcade Music (actually via ebay but you can get them direct too) - they were unbranded Arbiter heads and they're great. Good price too.

Simpan

Quote from: p929 on March 11, 2010, 07:14:00 AM

I've had one mesh head break (was broken out of the box), but the rest are still working since august last year (which is a really long time for me, if they were regular heads I would've had to replace them a long time ago. I've got a roland head on the one that broke, but I really hate roland's heads 'cause they're so freaking stiff...

rythm

How about drumtecs heads (www.drumtec.de)??? They have both one and two ply heads. Anyone that have tried them?