News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Demo

Started by goony, December 12, 2009, 02:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goony

Well i shall shortly be visiting a drum store, and demoing kits within my budget range, which at the moment I am looking at either the
Roland TD9
Alesis DM10
Yamaha DTXpress IV
and just over budget the 2 box it drumit

The sytle and genre of sounds I want are some modern sounds, plus as I do some 80's covers, some of the Classic Simmons SDS sounds, in your opinions, do any of these kits have these sounds onboard, my budget top whack is approx £1500.
Cheers and look forward to your opinions.

wbrs

Save a little more and get the 2box. You run the risk of getting tired of the others sound and you don't have anywhere to go. The others you mentioned in my opinion are on the edge of being obsolete with the exception of the DM10 that just sounds bad.

HM

Roland and Yamaha are quite nice but do try the 2 box and you will find out that it sounds incredibly better. At least if you are looking for e-drums that sound like real drums. Roland has many funny weird sounds but I can't imagine using those anywhere. I can't say much about the DM10 as I haven't tried that yet.

wbrs

yea if you want the I've got spaceships on my roof sound you'll need to go with Roland .