News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

8 individual outputs?

Started by spoenk, December 11, 2009, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoenk

that would be a simple solution which should be easy to put in the software...or providing PHONES as another choice of output

Gissing

I have a more simple question than that.

I am a total newbie, and I wanted to have Highhat on output1, Snare on output2, kick on output3, toms on 4, and so on.

(I wanted to record the drums into a 16 channel harddisk recorder, to be mixed further later, into Ableton).

I could do that, but they all too were on output 1 and 2.

Have anyone some experience into that? I mean: to stop the drums going to to channel 1 and 2 too.

nonoduweb

Hi

Go in the UNIT menu, then go down to the OUT menu and select which output you want for out12 (top right button): mix, mix# or 1+2. Here, you will select 1+2. 

spoenk

you should also be aware that when doing it this way for recording purposes, the stereo samples are mixed down to a mono signal...

UC

hey ppl

I was about to buy a load of seperate mono leads from http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/ - but I had an issue with their online store and ended up talking to one of their technical chaps called Chris who was really helpful - and he pointed me at the 8-way looms they've got on offer at the moment:

6 metre unbalanced Jack to Jack - £49.99 inc VAT

EDIT: oops posted wrong product. Attention to detail perhaps not my strongest point!

...I'll let you know if they're any good (or pick up Radio 1 ;D)

NeilC

Try eBay also, I found some 8-way looms jack to jack for cheapness which are really good...

Deve Loper

Next OS will have the ability to route each channel separately to the headphones left only, left and right, or right only (UNIT-NODE Out).
The headphone out (UNIT-OUT Phons) will then be selectable for the left / right signal pair.
That way you'll have 8 separate out.

(New OS due mid march before Frankfurt Messe.)

puttenvr

Remi

Quote from: Deve Loper on January 20, 2010, 01:31:42 PM
Next OS will have the ability to route each channel separately to the headphones left only, left and right, or right only (UNIT-NODE Out).
The headphone out (UNIT-OUT Phons) will then be selectable for the left / right signal pair.

Include the new hi-hat calibration?

Scottie

Quote from: Deve Loper on January 20, 2010, 01:31:42 PM

Well looks like you guys on the forum get the exclusives  :) as we didn't even know when the next OS would hit, or that these bits have been included!

Hopefully these updates will help a lot of the end user's out on this forum  ;D

Scott

spoenk

yes that's great! again can't wait ... this will make a great recording setup possible!