News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box pad with Roland module?

Started by josepz, December 17, 2012, 12:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josepz

Hi all.

I am the owner of a mix-brand drumkit, that is,  a Roland module, a roland pdx-100 snare, and modified millenium tom pads.

Right now I like to change the millenium tom pads because they have a great hotspot in the center of the pad (just over the trigger).
Roland pdx-100 snare have a hotspot too, but less than millenium pads.

So, I like to know if 2box pads have a hotspot or not, because they have the trigger in other place, and if anybody knows if the signal level can be enought for a roland module.... I assume the 2box trigger level will be smaller because the trigger isn´t in the center of "action"  :)

Thanks

Haggis-man

Hi,

I use some Roland pads (PD-85's) with my 2box kit and they trigger fine, so I would assume the opposite would be true.

As to hotspots, you do not get them with the 2box pads at all which I assume is due to the sensor not being in the center of the pad.

Cheers

josepz

Thanks for your answer...

And wich one is more quiet, your PD85, or 2box?

Thanks

Haggis-man

Quote from: josepz on December 17, 2012, 12:36:42 PM
Thanks for your answer...

And wich one is more quiet, your PD85, or 2box?

Thanks

It depends on which mesh head you use, but when comparing the standard 2box heads to the standard Roland heads the 2box ones are quieter.

Murgen

Quote from: Brian-D on December 17, 2012, 02:31:17 PM
It depends on which mesh head you use, but when comparing the standard 2box heads to the standard Roland heads the 2box ones are quieter.

Confirmed.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012