News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

More hi-hat troubles!

Started by Poonicorn, December 30, 2012, 04:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poonicorn

Hey everyone, just got my mk2, so far I'm very impressed!

Had a problem tonight and its really bothering me.  No matter how I calibrate my hats, I'm getting misfires, double triggers, and full open sounds randomly while playing it full closed.  While open it seems ok, but no matter what I do, the hats will not behave properly when closed.  It worked perfectly for days but now is acting up already, thinking about returning I while I still can.  :(

I'm in Canada and there very little support up here.  The place where I purchased my 2box knew less about it then I do lol. 

Any advice would be great!

Murgen

2 quick checks (I'm in a hurry, please forgive me).

1. Is the hat properly attached, are the nut and the bolt mounted at the right side (mine was not which made the hat slip on the hihat rod causing the wrong triggers).

2. Golden tip printed in the manual, after calibrating: Finally fix it at a (possibly higher) open position which suits ones playing.

I also swapped the standard for a beter one with spring adjustment.

Take care.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Poonicorn

Thanks Murgen!  We're speaking on 2 forums lol!!

I explained a bit more at other place.  The cables are new and should seem fine.  I haven't checked out the actual hi hat screws but I will check in the morning. Maybe my non stop playing has shaken something loose!   Ill also use a different stand and see if that helps.  I'm only confused because it was working perfect early in the day, but after dinner the trouble started.

I also tried the adjustment after calibration and still nothing.  Its like the module thinks the hats are lifting even when they're fully closed.

Either way I love this thing, I just hope it's not a faulty hat or module or things may get weird up here lol!

Thanks very much for your input and time in answering my questions!