News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

OS Ver 1.02 and USB Boot Code Updater Ver 1.30

Started by NeilC, December 10, 2009, 01:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

OS V1.02 solves an audio distortion issue when playing music from an external audio device. OS V1.0 bug fixes are also incorporated with in this update.

Dr.Wu

Quote from: NeilC on December 10, 2009, 01:53:47 PM
I know a lot about PC's but not Mac's... howver there is a 30 day trial on this:

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/

would virtualisation not work?
dunno-dont think there is a trial download for windows7 or Vista too.
Does anyone know if they even plan to release the updaters for OSX?

roel

Quote from: Dr.Wu on December 10, 2009, 09:36:52 PM
Quote from: NeilC on December 10, 2009, 01:53:47 PM
I know a lot about PC's but not Mac's... howver there is a 30 day trial on this:

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/

would virtualisation not work?
dunno-dont think there is a trial download for windows7 or Vista too.
Does anyone know if they even plan to release the updaters for OSX?

I also have a macbook, hope that they plan to release some updates for mac.

NeilC

If you can get hold of any Windows 7 or Vista you can install without a key to trial for 30 days, but after then it obviously wont activate. I don't think you can download the Windows 7 beta or Release Candidate now as obviously the real version is out....

Scottie

Hi Everyone

Could some one try this out for me, as i don't have a 64-bit version of Windows here.
If you right click on the boot updater and then go to properties, select the Compatibility tab, then navigate down to run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows XP service pack 2. Does this allow the boot update to run?

Thanks
Scott

truong

Quote from: Scottie on December 11, 2009, 04:19:03 PM
Hi Everyone

Could some one try this out for me, as i don't have a 64-bit version of Windows here.
If you right click on the boot updater and then go to properties, select the Compatibility tab, then navigate down to run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows XP service pack 2. Does this allow the boot update to run?

Thanks
Scott

It doesn't work on 64-bit Vista, still getting incompatibility error...

puttenvr

I just updated my 2Box and it all works fine, now !!!!!!

wbrs

Quote from: puttenvr on December 11, 2009, 05:38:42 PM
I just updated my 2Box and it all works fine, now !!!!!!

Glad to hear it. Before the improvements you gave the Roland hats an edge. Do you still feel that way?

puttenvr

The hihats feel much better now
Can't compare it with a Roland at this moment but I guess they're equal
The 2box sounds are better, though

boekhour

Quote from: puttenvr on December 11, 2009, 07:50:10 PM

Good news puttenvr. Yesterday I was testing in a shop and the hihat was not callibrated this combined with the old firmware... The stand itself is terrible and snatches and disco beats etc could not be done. The roland td4 hihat was much better and very well playable. I'm waiting for the new drumkit with the new firmware and then I will test it again.

roel

Quote from: boekhour on December 11, 2009, 08:22:05 PM
Quote from: puttenvr on December 11, 2009, 07:50:10 PM

Good news puttenvr. Yesterday I was testing in a shop and the hihat was not callibrated this combined with the old firmware... The stand itself is terrible and snatches and disco beats etc could not be done. The roland td4 hihat was much better and very well playable. I'm waiting for the new drumkit with the new firmware and then I will test it again.

yes the 2box stand is a toy...

Tiny

Hi,

I recieved one of the new 2box with the OS 1.02 and the boot 1.30 built in but some of the features doesn't work. I will give another try tomorrow but when I change the mix after pressing KIT I'm still unable to save. After a change the "save?" stays and nothing happen when I press the left DATA button.

When I light the 2box on it's written that it's OS 1.02 and boot 1.30. Wasn't this problem resolved in 1.00 and 1.02 ?

By the way I can't run a .WAV file I uploaded as a SONG. I can see it on the drum but no duration is displayed and I can't play the song.

Scottie

Quote from: Tiny on December 15, 2009, 11:47:32 PM
Hi,

I recieved one of the new 2box with the OS 1.02 and the boot 1.30 built in but some of the features doesn't work. I will give another try tomorrow but when I change the mix after pressing KIT I'm still unable to save. After a change the "save?" stays and nothing happen when I press the left DATA button.

When I light the 2box on it's written that it's OS 1.02 and boot 1.30. Wasn't this problem resolved in 1.00 and 1.02 ?

By the way I can't run a .WAV file I uploaded as a SONG. I can see it on the drum but no duration is displayed and I can't play the song.

Hi Tiny

If you navigate to the PREF page by pressing the Unit button, then PAGE DOWN, make sure that the Save option is set to ON.

Does this help?

Thanks
Scott

Tiny

Hi Scottie,

thanks for the quick answer ! I will check this this evening and tell you if it worked.
For the SONG problem : is it normal, should I use a special WAV format or another way to transfer the song to the box ?

Regards
Anthony