News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Messing around with the kit

Started by Simpan, December 10, 2009, 09:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpan

Hey. I just uploaded a video on youtube where I'm playing the Pokemon Theme Song with the 2Box kit. Swing by and check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9DGSWN8L7Q     

And yes, I am a nerd, I believe the Pokemon Theme Song to be truly awesome ;D.

Scottie

Awesome Simpan,  ;D

What did you do to your wrist?

Scott

NeilC

...and to all those people who say the rack is weak and wobbly...... Watch this vid. No movement at all!

Good vid there mate!

boekhour

Good job, nice working on the kit!

Alex

the kit sounds awesome, could not see any movement whatsoever from the rack. i really wish i had my kit already, it has been such a long wait!

puttenvr

Finally a good demo with a decent song !

wbrs

I've got to say the drums in that video sounded pretty good.

Simpan

Quote from: Scottie on December 10, 2009, 09:56:33 PM
Awesome Simpan,  ;D

What did you do to your wrist?

Scott

First it got inflamed and then I got some minor nerv damage due to not using my fingers and hence there wasnt enough blood flowing through xD. It's not completely gone, but I'm getting there. Been playing a bit much the last few days though -_-. I'll be taking a break a few weeks during christmas anyway 'cause I'm going away, so I just figured I can make up for playing to much now by letting it rest a lot then :p.

UC

Sorry to hear about the wrist, but kudos for the video - tight drumming and the kit sounds great - and what a choice of tune ;D

Simpan

Quote from: UC on December 14, 2009, 01:18:37 AM
Sorry to hear about the wrist, but kudos for the video - tight drumming and the kit sounds great - and what a choice of tune ;D
Yeah, the wrist-thing really sucks xD. Anyways, I noticed when recording this that I'm not as tight as I'd like to be when playing sixteenth note beats on the hi-hat, gotta work on that xD. Me and some friends are probably going to perform this song at the  christmas concert in our school (which is on friday). I'll spice the beats up with some double pedal action and it's gonna be one epic concert :D.

Tiny

Nice Video Simpan!
I have a question : Which kit did you use or edit ?
I just recieved my  :patbat2box:, did a quick check of all sounds and will soon edit my own kit.

For the moments i found really great the toms in 04 Stockolm Jazz & 25 Open Sound; Bass drum and HiHat in 20 Iggy Punk and Snare in 45 Dani California.

"Tell me which sound you like I will tell you what kind of drummer you are" !  ;)

It may be nice for the users to post which User Kits they've choosen... I will update mine as soon as possible  :)

Simpan

Quote from: Tiny on December 15, 2009, 10:05:46 PM
Nice Video Simpan!
I have a question : Which kit did you use or edit ?
I just recieved my  :patbat2box:, did a quick check of all sounds and will soon edit my own kit.

For the moments i found really great the toms in 04 Stockolm Jazz & 25 Open Sound; Bass drum and HiHat in 20 Iggy Punk and Snare in 45 Dani California.

"Tell me which sound you like I will tell you what kind of drummer you are" !  ;)

It may be nice for the users to post which User Kits they've choosen... I will update mine as soon as possible  :)
Thanks. And as for the kit I used, well, I don't really remember. I think I used the drumit_live kit for the most part, tuned some of the toms slightly and switched the ride to a crash cymbal (don't remember which one). I really haven't played around very much with the sounds, don't think I've even tried out all of the kits :p.