SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

SDSE 3.0 is available: download

This version adds support for Ugritone KVLT Drums II, a cool VST for metal drummers looking for a raw sound.

Changelog:

• support for Ugritone KVLT Drums II (with default mapping and minimized window. make sure to load a kit before selecting kit pieces to export with the checkboxes)
  • support for GetGood Drums One Kit Wonder Classic Rock (with the default Invasion mapping)
  • SD3: support for the Fields of Rock SDX (Dry, Live, Percussion, Stone) - thanks to edcito!
  • SD3/EZD2: support for the Electronic Edge and In The Pocket EZX expansions.
  • GetGood Drums: fixed issue with the hihat when using some SDSE options
  • support for Superior Drummer 3 v3.2.5 and v3.2.6
  • support for REAPER 6.40

Karbonfaiba

Epic!  8)

Never heard of Ugritone KVLT Drums II so that's great marketing right there lol.

Now if only 2box would update their OS as frequently as SDSE.  ::)

Lustar

SDSE 3.1.0 is available: download

Changes:

• support for IK Multimedia MODO DRUM (v1.1.3 with default mapping, minimum screen resolution 1280x800)
  • support for Soniccouture Electro-Acoustic for Kontakt Player (v1.4.4 with default mapping)
  • support for GetGood Drums One Kit Wonder Architects (with the default Invasion mapping) - thanks to Cory
  • fixed issue when the width of the list of VST instruments is adjusted on small screen resolutions (it can now be minimized if needed) - thanks to Israel C for reporting this
  • fixed possible issue with REAPER freezing when cancelling an export before it starts.
  • SSD5.5: fixed exporting Tom 3 for some kits.
  • Convert: the Generic profile can now be used to sort folders of individual samples by volume - suggested by tsss27
  • new option "Sort from quiet to loud" for the Generic profile with Convert, to reverse the sorting order when sorting individual samples by volume - suggested by tsss27
  • updated default configuration for VSTs in REAPER.
  • support for REAPER 6.45

Lustar

SDSE 3.2.0 is available: download

Changes:

• support for MixWave Luke Holland, Thomas Pridgen Drums and Tony Royster Jr for Kontakt Player (all with default mapping)
  • MODO Drum: support for MODO Drum v1.5.0
  • MODO Drum: added partial support for screen resolutions smaller than 1280x800
  • SD3/EZD2: support for the Dance EZX expansion.
  • Export: press Ctrl while clicking Export to force using the semi-manual export mode normally used for unsupported VSTs or unsupported Kontakt sound libraries.
  • Kontakt, Modern Drummer: fixed issue when exporting with Kontakt 6.7.0
  • support for REAPER 6.56

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Karbonfaiba

Thanks for introducing me to MixWave!  ;D

So I'm guessing EZDrummer3 support would be next on the update agenda for SDSE? Keep up the great work!

Lustar

Thanks for the feedback :)

EZDrummer 3 will definitely be high on the to-do list! I haven't tested it but if the MIDI mapping hasn't changed it may already work nicely with the semi-manual export without having to find the notes: open the region/marker manager in Reaper, select the first line for kick1, snare1, snare1 rim, toms 1 to 5, ride1, crash1, crash 2, splash1 edge, china2 edge, hats edge closed, hats edge open 1 to 5, hats bow closed, hats foot splash and it should be good to go. If needed you can press Ctrl while clicking Export to force it to use the semi-manual export.

Paspallum

Hi. I have a question relating to the older 2box Drumit three modules (and drumit Five Mk1?). They seem to be affordable used. They don't have card slots?   I would want to use SDSE to load a 2box module with SD3, BFD3 and Kontakt drummers. There were some posts that I didn't fully understand, relating to the Drumit modules without SD card slots not loading the .dsnd files correctly? Making errors? And if I understand some of it... Taking a long time to load?
Is a long time 20 mins? 2 hours? Or longer?
Can someone shed any light on this?
And how many full component SD3 or BFD3 kits could I get on an older Drumit module?
Paspallum

Lustar

Hi Paspallum,

The older DrumIt modules have an internal SD card slot and can be modified to get an external SD card slot like the DrumIt Five MKII. The modification is quite cheap and easy to install by following guides on this forum (if you're located in Europe contact ANGR77).

Having an external SD card slot allows to upgrade the SD card if needed so if you find that the module doesn't keep up when you play, with a delay between the pad hits and the sound it produces, there is always the possibility to try another card. If wouldn't affect the loading speed of the kits in a noticeable way though. Even if the card isn't the best possible match for the DrumIt the kits are still loaded almost instantaneously when you select a different kit on the module.
If you notice latency when playing bigger kits there are some recommended settings to improve it. Karbonfaiba and halftime found that it could be improved a lot by increasing the Mask setting on the module (increase it as high as possible without missing hits). Setting the Decay to 10 instead of infinite can also help.

The older modules can be upgraded from the 4 GB SD card to 32 or even 64 GB. The size of the kits can vary a lot between the amount of samples and amount of kit pieces but for SD3 and BFD3 it should be possible to store about 30 kits on a 32 GB card. You can use the pieces from different exported kits to create more kit selections on the module or with the 2box Editor or DKit Manager.

I hope that helps, don't hesitate to send me a mail if you have more questions. There's also a small SDSE and DrumIt FAQ here: https://www.lustark.com/support

Lustar

SDSE 3.3.0 is available: download

This version adds support for EZdrummer 3.
SDSE now supports over 230 sound libraries ready to be exported :)
As always it's also possible to export from unsupported VSTs or sound libraries with the semi-manual mode.

Changes:

• support for EZdrummer 3 v3.0.4
  • SD3/EZD3/EZD2: support for the Big Stage, Duality I, Duality II, Gospel, Into The Dark and Singer-songwriter EZX expansions.
  • SD3: support for the EZdrummer 3 Core Library (Bright Room, Main Room and Tight Room)
  • support for MixWave Gojira Mario Duplantier for Kontakt Player (with default mapping)
  • BFD3: support for BFD3 3.4.4.31 from inMusic/bfddrums.com
  • BFD3: support for the Manu Katche Signature Snare, Sonic Reality Alan Parsons Black Oyster Kit, Sonic Reality Alan Parsons Silver Sparkle and Sonic Reality Alan Parsons Vintage 70s Kit expansions.
  • Addictive Drums 2 v2.2.5: support for any UI scale.
  • Steven Slate Drums 5.5: support for any UI scale.
  • VSDSX, VSDSX2: support for any UI scale.
  • 2box: fixed error that prevented creating hihat dsnd files on some computers - thanks to Guido
  • GetGood Drums Aggressive Rock, Architects, Metal and Modern Fusion: fixed ride bell and bow filenames when using a different profile than 2box DrumIt - thanks to Jason S.
  • Pearl Mimic profile: adjusted Samples limits (64 samples for the Kick)
  • Zones, Tom Rim: select "all" to export both the Rim and Rimonly (to .wav or as a 3 zones .dsnd for the 2box DrumIt)
  • Zones, Snare articulations: fix "all others" option, to export all available snare articulations (for the 2box these are exported as separate .dsnd)
  • support for REAPER 6.69

tex2bdrum

2Box 5 Mk2, AtE Kit (PDP M5, 22, 10, 12, 14, 14) Yamaha Cybs, VH-11, Drum-Dok Triggers, drum-tec heads, Lustar Software, EzD 2 & 3, SSD 5 free, Yeah, Rock On;-))
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC__XVyYnu2tTcZ1NGnd_gJA

Karbonfaiba

Another phenomenal update!

Possible issue exporting stock kits in EZDrummer 3; I don't think it's rendering bow tips for crash 3 and 4 slots - the exports only have edge zones. Ref notes 31 and 96.

Lustar

SDSE 3.3.1 is available: download

Changes:
  • SD3: support for the Area 33 and Hitmaker SDX.
  • SD3/EZD3: support for the Post-Metal EZX3.
  • SD3: support for the one-shot preset sounds that can be assigned to different pads in the kit with "Search for instrument".
  • SD3: support for instruments assigned to a different pad in the kit with "Search for instrument", like a Kick loaded on a Tom pad (limited to a single zone when instrument is meant for a different pad type).
  • Zones, Crash Bow, Crash Bell, Ride Bow, Ride Bell: select "all" to export both Bow and Bow2 or Bell and Bell2 (not available for the 2box DrumIt)
  • support for the MixWave Gojira Mario Duplantier update with three new pieces (Timbale High, Timbale Low, Babar).
  • support for Addictive Drums 2 v2.3.3
  • Perfect Drums: improved support to work when it takes some time to respond.
  • Perfect Drums: fixed exporting snare when the sidestick is selected in options.
  • Render/Convert: options to convert to 48000 Hz .wav files.
  • support for REAPER 6.75

Thanks for the feedback Karbonfaiba, I just saw your post! It might be related to the changes to the Crash Bow/Bell option in the SDSE Zones options but with the default setting "bow" I get the bow and edge for the crashes from EZdrummer 3 Main Room.

tex2bdrum

2Box 5 Mk2, AtE Kit (PDP M5, 22, 10, 12, 14, 14) Yamaha Cybs, VH-11, Drum-Dok Triggers, drum-tec heads, Lustar Software, EzD 2 & 3, SSD 5 free, Yeah, Rock On;-))
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC__XVyYnu2tTcZ1NGnd_gJA

Lustar

SDSE 3.4.0 is available: download

Changes:
  • support for Kontakt 7.7 at 100% zoom size
  • support for Kontakt 6.8
  • support for GetGood Drums Benny Greb Signature Pack (with the default mapping)
  • support for GetGood Drums One Kit Wonder Dry and Funky (with the default Invasion mapping)
  • support for GetGood Drums One Kit Wonder Pop Punk (with the default Invasion mapping)
  • SD3/EZD3: support for Signature Part 1, Signature Part 2 and Synthwave EZX3.
  • SD3: support for the Stockholm and Stories (A, B, Main, Perc) SDX.
  • SD3: fix when Disable Humanize is unchecked in the Advanced options.
  • SD3/EZD3: fix for hihat Edge Open 6 duplicated as Bow Open 6 with Rock Foundry and EZD3 Bright/Main/Tight.
  • "Sort from quiet to loud" option can now be used with the Yamaha and Generic profiles when exporting from a VST.
  • 2box: fix when exporting 3 zones percussions.
  • support for REAPER 7.07