SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

Lustar

SDSE 2.8.6: download

With this update all the current Superior Drummer 3 and EZdrummer 2 expansions are now supported!

• SD3: support for the Rooms of Hansa SDX (Live Room, Marble Room, Meistersaal, Vocal Booth) - thanks to edcito
  • SD3/EZD2: support for the Action!, Big Band, Dark Matter, Death Metal, Hard Rock, Kicks & Snares, Pop Punk and UK Pop EZX2 expansions
  • SD3 Darkness SDX: fix to export the ride
  • SD3 Darkness, Death and Decades SDX: sort cymbals in crash folder
  • support for Alan Vista Chau Gongs (free)
  • support for REAPER 6.05

Lustar

(repost of the previous versions)

SDSE 2.9: download

There are some big changes in this version :)
Thanks to edcito, Yannick, Markus, Tim and Jman for testing!

support for Steven Slate Drums 5.5 (SSD5.5)
2box: .dsnd files are now converted directly without DSoundTool (Java 64-bit is not needed any more)
2box velocity curve: improved the 2box Editor option, improved curve for articulations with a low maximum volume
2box velocity curve: new VST and DR curves (the 2box Editor option is recommended but you can try the DR curves for a steeper curve that may increase dynamic range)
Superior Drummer 3 SD3: hit variation and voice and layer are set when using SD3 v3.1.7
Steven Slate Drums SSD4, SSD5, SSD5.5: support exporting one-shot samples loaded separately without being layered on kit pieces (preferably on MIDI notes 1-10 or notes used by the main kit)
Zones: the Snare Rim velocity switch option can be used with modules other than the 2box DrumIt.
Options: faster load/save (for Windows 10 in particular)
Options, Advanced: set Release Control to "after render" if you need to use the computer while the files are processed.
Export: improved regions set up

The 32-bit version is deprecated, please contact me if you need a 32-bit build.

SDSE 2.9.1: download

support for GetGood Drums P4 Matt Halpern Signature Pack (with Invasion mapping)
2box hihat: the hihat adjustments from before 2.9 are back, in a new way. It allows to duplicate some zones when needed but without increasing the dsnd file size.
Velocity Curve: Loudness option, to base curve on loudness instead of volume (does not preserve original sample order)
Convert: fix for potential issue on some computers when converting from individual .wav to .dsnd
Convert: fix to use both the order and velocities when using a velocities.map file to convert from individual .wav to .dsnd
Convert: improved sorting order when converting from individual .wav to .dsnd
Convert: fixed issue when converting from less common .wav formats (thanks to tsss27 for reporting and testing)
SD3: fix to find EZX expansions installed as "Additional Libraries".
Export: fixes when exporting from an unsupported VST.
support for REAPER 6.12c

Lustar

a new SDSE version is available. As usual you can update by installing it directly over a previous version.

SDSE 2.9.3: download

• fix when exporting from SSD5.5 and from unsupported drum VSTs.
  • SD3: support for the Legacy of Rock SDX expansion - thanks to edcito
  • SD3: support for Superior Drummer 3 v3.2.1
  • SD3: fixes when exporting on screens smaller than 1366x768, tested as low as 800x600 (1366x768 or higher is recommended)
  • SD3: fix for the Death SDX with Blood Red preset (caused by the Valve Distortion Box effect used in this preset), or any VST or preset that produces a short noise when rendering begins.
  • SD3: fix to find SDX expansions installed without their installer.
  • SD2 accessibility: improved F10 and F11 menus, should now work when SD2 displays alert messages.
  • support for REAPER v6.13

logihack

Hello. I just installed new SDSE version and i think ssd5.5 is better sounding on drumit3. I dont know if its module, or new version. Previously i have old drumit5.
But, i have problems with exporting ad2 samples. Ad1 works ok, but ad2, is like not supported. Am i the only one who is having some troubles? Before, with older versions i didn't have any problems with ad2. I have older reaper v5.99/x64, since i didnt buy new licence.
Lustar thank you, for your big effort and for everything you've done, for this 2box comunnity.

Lustar

Hi logihack,

The sound improvement is something that a few persons from this forum have noticed when they went from the old DrumIt 5 to the DrumIt 3. There isn't exactly proof of it but that's one more report of it.

I would let SDSE install the corresponding version of reaper during setup, it won't interfere with your main reaper v5.99 installation since everything is installed in portable mode in the SDSE folder. This way you'll be sure that the reaper version will work with SDSE.

Someone else had the same issue with AD2 recently and it was solved by setting the display scale to 100% in the Windows settings and logging out/logging in or restarting. It's a common fix for any issue like that with SDSE. It shouldn't be needed for most installations but it can be needed on some devices like Surface tablets.

SDSE supports the current version of Addictive Drums 2 v2.1.12. In the "?" menu in the top/right of AD2 select "About", at the bottom/center it should display "graphics mode: 1x". Near the bottom/left the version should be 2.1.12. The other thing for AD2 is to avoid changing the mapping, the correct mapping for SDSE is contained in the project so it shouldn't be changed.

I'll send you the work in progress version just in case. Let me know if it worked!

logihack

Thank you. You were right. Display must be set at 100%, mine was 150 ;)

Lustar

Great! If it used to work with 150 it may also be possible to set it back to 150 and let SDSE install the current version of reaper, it sets reaper to display the VSTs at 100%.

logihack

I have clean win10 install, so i dont know, what settings i had before. I just know, that the letters  where bigger ;). Bit over a,rhe problem is solved ;)...but have another question, regarding kit manager.

logihack

And i will reinstall SDSE tool, with display set at 100% and will see, if it works on 150% after.

logihack

well , yesterday everything seems to be ok, but today another problem...
sdse - batch convert to single zone
Some wave files were found without zone names
Would you like to convert them to single zone?
Didnt change anything, i just ad sd2 with evil drums, and now, even previously working libraries, are somehow changed.

Lustar

Did you click Export or Convert? If this message appeared with Export it means that it didn't find the expected wav filenames in the "SDSE Sounds" destination folder, and found other filenames instead. I would delete any leftover wav files from SDSE Sounds before the next export from a VST.

logihack

i click Export. I did clean the whole SDSE folder. I will reinstall reaper and will see.

Lustar

Make sure to use the version of reaper that's installed by SDSE. The current version installs and supports reaper v6.13. The next version (work in progress) supports reaper v6.14

logihack

Yes maybe old reaper is the reason. But it worked yesterday. I have old licence for reaper and i dont wanna buy another one for 60eur. So i use v5.99. Im confused, because i didn't change anything.