SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

Hi, it can happen if SDSE couldn't find the path to Metal Foundry or access its files. It's possible that some entries are missing in Windows, in that case running the Metal Foundry installer or removing/adding it in the SD3 settings should make it work. I'll send you a mail with details to fix this.

Make sure to install the latest version of SDSE in case you currently have an old version or if the kit you're exporting from Metal Foundry is built from pieces loaded from other SDX packs.

Lustar

SDSE 2.8.0 is available: download

• support for Perfect Drums (drums and kits only, sampler is not supported)
  • support for GetGood Drums Invasion - thanks to Chris S. for testing
  • GetGood Drums Halpern: added all instrument names, simplified check boxes to select pieces - thanks to Ryan for feedback
  • GetGood Drums Modern & Massive: added all instrument names, simplified check boxes to select pieces
  • Alesis Strike and other modules that can play .wav files: it's now possible to export 3 zones at once from a hihat (bell, bow, edge)
  • Alesis Strike and other modules: MIDI regions are now renamed to zone names to better identify .wav files - thanks to Ryan and Josh for feedback
  • Alesis Strike and other modules: prevent identical or almost identical instrument names in the same kit
  • 2box, SD3: fix to export a hihat with less than 3 articulations - thanks to Chris H. for feedback
  • SD3: fix to export the hi-hat closed bell
  • Kontakt: fix when exporting from Kontakt 5 (when adding Kontakt 5 to the project instead of Kontakt 6)
  • BFD3: support for BFD3 3.3.0
  • improved check for free space on Destination Path (export is cancelled if there is not enough space to export the selected kit)

Lustar

SDSE 2.8.1: download

• EZD2: support for EZdrummer 2 Demo
  • Convert: fixed default Maximize option (ride cymbals were not always set as loud as possible)
  • SD2: normalize zones when the "remove rim sounds on snare head" option is used
  • SD3: fixes to export custom kits with pieces from different SDX or from the same SDX that are loaded in different slots
  • 2box: fixed rare issue when saving .dsnd files (saving would fail)
  • fixed possible issue when selecting regions on REAPER 5.97
  • GetGood Drums Modern, Invasion: improved duplicate samples detection
  • SD2 accessibility: fixed possible issues with the presets menu (F10, Load/Save) and when saving to dsnd

Jman

Thanks for your continued work and support. You're one of a kind!
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Lustar

Murgen

I have to say the same thing: you are brilliant and a very kind person.

It has been 7 years. 7 years ago I created my SD-card with BFD2 samples. Added 2 kits from 2Box. And the rest were the 2Box factory kits. I never needed anything else, happy to choose from about 10 kits I really like.

I upgraded the OS twice, even bought BFD3 but never came to it.

Now, semi retired, I installed BDF2/3, Reaper, SDSE on my new PC. You are so kind helping me out with some pointers. I mean, 7 years is a long time.

Today, it all came together and I exported my first new kit. I was impressed by all the scripts kicked off and the work SDSE does to create the samples.   In the next days I will do some test rendering like you suggested and built my new card.

Thank you again!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

You're most welcome Murgen! You were one of the very first to use SDSE, I'm very glad if it can be useful to you today. Thanks for the feedback :)

Lustar

SDSE 2.8.3: download

• support for VSDS-X 2.0 (Simmons SDS-V Extended Drum Synthesizer)
  • BFD3: support for the Jazz Noir expansion
  • Convert: Maximize option to set a maximum dB
  • Convert: option to convert to mono by selecting the loudest channel, option to convert to mono with a slightly higher volume
  • Advanced (for AD2, SD3, EZD2, BFD3, SSD5, Perfect Drums, MT Power Drum Kit 2): option to Center Pan mixers when exporting to mono
  • Duplicate samples remover: "minimize gaps" option to prevent gaps between velocities by giving priority to low gaps instead of removing all possible duplicates
  • Samples: "minimize gaps" option to fit the maximum limits and minimize gaps between velocities
  • SD3: support for user instruments (imported audio files loaded as kit pieces)
  • SD3/SD2/EZD2: improved articulation selection for some of the hi-hats
  • SD3/SD2: added prompts to adjust MIDI mapping for Metal Foundry, N.Y. Allaire and N.Y. Hit Factory (their default mapping for hihat open4 and open5 doesn't match the mapping from all other SDX/EZX)
  • SSD5: fixed tom2 for Blackbird and David Bendeth expansions
  • Kontakt The Black Album Drums: new default settings when exporting (set drummer's perspective, enable round robins, export both kick drums)
  • Kontakt Abbey Road/Studio Drummer/Modern Drummer: the pedal closed (chick) can be exported for the Strike and other modules.
  • BFD3 The Black Album Drums and other expansions: fix to export cymbals with 3 zones set to the Cymbal 2 slot, and cymbals loaded in the perc slot.
  • fixed issues when using several monitors

Lustar

SDSE 2.8.4: download

• SD3: support for the following SDX packs: Darkness, Death, Decades, Indiependent, Orchestral Percussion I, Orchestral Percussion II.
  • Abbey Road/Studio Drummer: improved setting MIDI mapping
  • Zones: the snare rim velocity switch can now be used even when the first articulation is louder than the second articulation.
  • Zones: option to set the maximum amount of articulations for the hi-hat
  • Zones: option to disable exporting the bow articulations or only export the closed bow
  • Zones: option to fit hihat articulations by removing the first and second to most open articulations
  • 2box: fixed issue when saving .dsnd files on Windows 10 set to German

jefferydrummer

Hi there, I have recently started using my 2box again and am digging into it. I have just installed the SDSE(trial version) and have it running via parallels. I'm just trialling out the software first and i've come stuck already.
I am trying to run the GGD Periphery IV pack using Kontakt player. Is this possible via SDSE?
I have tried following some manuals and looking; but on Reaper it doesn't want to load any library (I have SD2 as well) when a VSTi is selected within reaper it says- "The following effect plug-in could not be loaded:(effect configuration is preserved)

Am I doing something ridiculously wrong or is something playing silly devils?

Thanks for any help.

Lustar

Hi,

GGD Periphery IV is not supported, the GGD libraries that are supported are: Halpern v2, Invasion, Modern & Massive. The list of all supported VSTs and sound libraries can be found in the Readme file and on the SDSE page here

Normally SDSE should detect SD2 and configure Reaper so that it finds it. If you have an old "box" version of SD2 on DVD you may need to update to the latest version that can be found on toontrack.com in My Account, My Products, to get the 64-bit version of the SD2 VST plugin. Else if you have a recent version I would run the SD2 plugin installer again and install it in C:\Program Files\VstPlugins (close Reaper, run the SD2 installer, open Reaper and SDSE)

About Parallels, make sure to use the full screen mode, it can't work with the Coherence mode. The VST plugins need to be installed in Windows, but it's often possible to share the sound libraries between the Mac and Windows.

I hope that helps, don't hesitate to send a PM or email if you have any questions.

Cman

Hello,

I can't say I've dug very deeply into the software yet but has been so much fun converting AND playing some of the Toontrack SD3 kits. It's been relatively easy-peasey. I can't recommend this more and say a BIG THANK YOU Lustar! I do have a question: I have MIXOSAURUS Drums and wonder if this works with the software? I haven't tried yet but may get to it sometime in the near future. Thanks again Lustar-very much appreciate your work on this.

edcito

Quote from: Cman on March 03, 2020, 10:36:28 PM
Hello,

I can't say I've dug very deeply into the software yet but has been so much fun converting AND playing some of the Toontrack SD3 kits. It's been relatively easy-peasey. I can't recommend this more and say a BIG THANK YOU Lustar! I do have a question: I have MIXOSAURUS Drums and wonder if this works with the software? I haven't tried yet but may get to it sometime in the near future. Thanks again Lustar-very much appreciate your work on this.

He deserves a grammy for best "2box sound manipulation"

Lustar

Thanks for the feedback and the nomination :D
Mixosaurus Drums is not supported but it should be possible to export from it. You can export semi manually from any unsupported VST, I'll send you a mail with the steps.

drummologo

hello lustar I also own Sdse .... can you also send me the explanation of the semi-manual? an MP is also fine, thanks and bye.