SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

New version of SDSE

• support for the Rock Foundry SDX - thanks to edcito
  • option to export to 3 zone snare .dsnd for the DrumIt Three (in Options > Zones check Snare Rim and set it to: sidestick, rim, "-")

ANGR77

Just downloaded...looks and works great!

Big thanks Denis!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

A new version of SDSE is available

This version adds support for GetGoodDrums Modern & Massive Drums (with Halpern mapping)

New settings profile for the Roland TD-17 (similar WAV samples capabilities as the Roland TD-50 with less memory)

• support for GetGoodDrums Modern & Massive Drums - thanks to Chris

• improvements when exporting from GetGoodDrums Halpern
  • fixed issue when building .dkit with custom kit layout
  • added Roland TD-17 settings profile - thanks Jman

Lustar

• Convert can be used for modules other than the 2box DrumIt (it allows to processs samples with the Convert settings and apply length limits)
  • added Roland TM-6 Pro settings profile (same as TD-50 for now)
  • fixed exporting PIII ride from GetGood Drums Halpern
  • fixed default Pedal Closed setting for the DrumIt profile

Lustar

This version adds support for Kontakt 6.
To use Kontakt 5 you can add it to the project like this (or send me a message and I'll send you the file)
- open Reaper with the SDSE project
- click Add near the bottom/left of the Docker window and add Kontakt 5 to the list
- remove Kontakt 6 from the list
- save the project as SDSE_kontakt5.rpp

• support for Kontakt 6
  • fixed detecting Abbey Road in Kontakt
  • SD3: fixed issue when exporting on smaller screen resolution (1366x768)
  • Pearl Mimic: normalize to -6dB to match the stock sound library (with default settings when Maximize is enabled)

MatthiasFrommann

Lustar

Lustar

This version adds support for Steven Slate Drums 5.
It also works with SSD5 Free which is a fully functional demo that contains a full kit.

• support for Steven Slate Drums 5 - thanks to edcito and Chris S
  • SSD5, SSD4: support for the David Bendeth and Terry Date expansions
  • accessibility: when NVDA screen reader is running SDSE will use it for all status messages
  • accessibility: improved F9, F10 and F11 menus for SD2
  • GetGood Drums Halpern: fixed setting Halpern mapping with Kontakt 6 and the latest GGD Halpern version. Make sure to use the PIII checkboxes to export the PIII pieces
  • GetGood Drums Modern & Massive: added checkbox to export the Mega Bell Ride

synnc

Any chance to support perfect drums in the future?

Thanks

Lustar

There's a chance if more people request it but the good news is that you can already export from it semi-manually by setting the mapping to Superior Drummer in Perfect Drums. It's possible to export this way from any drum VST even if it's not supported, it's described in the SDSE manual in "Exporting from unsupported VSTs" here. I'll send you a message with more details.

synnc

I have a problem exporting toms from addictive drums 2, snares and kicks work great, but toms give me a blank sound.
Am i doing something wrong?

Lustar

For addictive drums 2 the mapping is saved with the reaper project so it's important not to change it (and to avoid saving the project when closing reaper). I would close reaper and run the SDSE installer again to make sure the project wasn't modified, it should fix it. I'll send you the map file just in case. Please tell me if it didn't work.

Lustar

• support for the Drums Of Destruction and Custom Shop EZX2 - thanks to edcito
  • SD2 accessibility: menu to select all options when loading presets with F10, Load/Save
  • SSD5: fix to export some of the 14" toms, added percussions, hihat foot splash and chick - thanks to Siren from SiREN-DRUMS and Andrew for the feedback
  • new default settings for the Alesis Strike profile - thanks to Siren from SiREN-DRUMS
  • Drum Module profile with settings for the Alesis DM10 MKII
  • Samples: options to set different minimum/maximum/length for the most open hihat articulations
  • option to add velocity to wav filenames (Options > General > Filenames: add velocity)
  • option to remove brand name from instrument names (Options > General > Filenames: Brand: remove)
  • option to fit hihat articulations by removing from the first open articulation
  • fixed abbreviations for some brand names

Accessibility keys:

• F9:   focus on the VST list and jump to the next available VST
  • F10:   Superior Drummer 2 or Addictive Drums, open a menu or access preset menu
  • F11:   Superior Drummer 2 or Addictive Drums, open a menu to select kit pieces
  • CTRL + F11: Superior Drummer 2 preview selected piece

Lustar

• Samples: option to fit the maximum limits by removing samples evenly instead of checking samples (to minimize gaps in velocities)
  • SD3: fix to export kit pieces from a different SDX when loaded in a kit that doesn't contain any pieces from the current SDX
  • SD2: fix to avoid exporting Mute for cymbals when it's not selected - thanks to Joackim for reporting this
  • EZD2: support for Modern/Vintage version 1.1.0 (new mapping and fixed instrument names for certain kit configurations)
  • SD2/SD3: added Disable Humanize option in Options/Advanced (moved from SDSE_SD.ini, enabled by default)
  • updated default settings for the Alesis Strike profile (click Reset  in Options to get the new default settings) - thanks to Siren from SiREN-DRUMS

Noakser

Hi, getting an error "Couldn't read SD3 kit information" when trying to export a kit from The Metal Foundry. Any advice would be appreciated.