SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

Thanks for the feedback. It should be safe to keep it enabled because the volume change is applied equally to all samples (for each articulation and it keeps the volume difference between the articulations of the same instrument), so it couldn't mess the order of the samples (it can't risk changing the perceived loudness of some samples). It produces the same result as increasing the volume of individual pieces in the VST before exporting.

Noakser

Hi, when creating wavs from SD2 for use on my TM-2, the files are coming out with like 20 secs of silence before the sound kicks in, what am I doing wrong when creating the wavs? I don't have any issue when creating dsnd files for my 2Box, they play great  :patbat2box:

Lustar

Hi, make sure to enable "split in multiple files" in SDSE > Options > Render. It should produce a folder for each articulation with individual wav samples. When this setting is disabled it produces bigger .wav files that contain all the samples for one articulation. In these files there's a little bit of silence before the first hit and the files are much bigger so it would explain the delay.

Lustar

A new version of SDSE is available

• support for Superior Drummer 3.1
  • support for Ocean Way Drums Platinum/Gold for Kontakt with V-Drum mapping (one piece at a time) - thanks to Ryan
  • AD2: support for the Boutique Mallets ADpak
  • Abbey Road/Studio Drummer: fix for Kontakt 5.7.3
  • SSD4: fixed exporting when the SSD4 sounds library is on a read-only network drive
  • Mac/Parallels: fixed issue that could produce .dsnd files with samples in the wrong order on Mac with Parallels

Walse

Hi Lustar.

I have buyed a SDSE license. There are plans afoot to release a version compatible with the new characteristics of Drumit 3 module?

Lustar

Hi Walse,
The current version can already be used for the DrumIt Three and exporting to 3 zone snare .dsnd will be added in a future version. If you have a 3 zone snare pad it's possible to set Options > Zones > snare articulation: sidestick to export a snare to a regular snare .dsnd with rim + a separate .dsnd for the sidestick.

edcito

Quote from: Lustar on March 19, 2018, 12:52:16 AM
Hi Walse,
The current version can already be used for the DrumIt Three and exporting to 3 zone snare .dsnd will be added in a future version. If you have a 3 zone snare pad it's possible to set Options > Zones > snare articulation: sidestick to export a snare to a regular snare .dsnd with rim + a separate .dsnd for the sidestick.
I converted the SD3 snares for my drumit 3 using the SDSE options rim-sidestick 80% and it works like a charm. As for the internal snares I haven't tried the 3 zone using a roland pad with switching velocity.

Walse

Hi Walse,

Yes, that I already know.

With a compatible version I referred to get 3 zone snares automatically. Until this moment I am first rendering to get the 3 zones wave files from snare, and using 2box editor to create a 3 zones snare. Subsequently I am using SDSE to convert the rest of elements from wave files remaining. My question is about if they are plans to release a new version that automates the process.

Walse

Quote from: edcito on March 19, 2018, 10:49:00 AM
I converted the SD3 snares for my drumit 3 using the SDSE options rim-sidestick 80% and it works like a charm. As for the internal snares I haven't tried the 3 zone using a roland pad with switching velocity.

Yes. This is an option, but I own a Yamaha 3 zones snare and I would like to use it without any such limitation.

edcito

Quote from: Walse on March 19, 2018, 11:19:20 AM
Yes. This is an option, but I own a Yamaha 3 zones snare and I would like to use it without any such limitation.
Ah ok, then you have to wait until lustar gets a drumit 3. Do you have one already? How is the reponse with the 3-zone yamaha pad?
I just made a short video demoing the SD3 Ludwig Black Beauty 20s Snare using the 3 Zone method mentioned above. It sounds great.
https://youtu.be/wMIsQ5zjrzY

edcito

Hi Walse,

Hopefully you get a drumit 3 to test it with your software, there's some nice improvements over the drumit 5, the main one regarding the headphones out, may be you could optimize the dsnds more :-)

Lustar

I'm glad that the velocity switch option is useful edcito!

Walse, I sent you a PM with a version to test exporting 3 zone snares :)

ANGR77

Great to see Lustark!

Looking forward tfor this version to get released!

The 3 zone snare stuff is cool...!

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Quote from: Lustar on March 19, 2018, 09:30:18 PM
I'm glad that the velocity switch option is useful edcito!

Yeah works great with SD3, just to compare, I just exported the snares from SD2 Avatar, all 7 of them add up to 105 MB, and the result is not as good as the snares from SD3 (26 Snares, 1,32GB) so yeah, I consider now SD2 obsolete and I wont ever use it again...
those who haven't upgraded to SD3 don't know what they are missing :-)

Walse

Quote from: edcito on March 19, 2018, 12:34:55 PM
Hopefully you get a drumit 3 to test it with your software, there's some nice improvements over the drumit 5, the main one regarding the headphones out, may be you could optimize the dsnds more :-)

I received my Drumit Three on last night. My Yamaha XP120 snare works wonderfully. 3 zones are detected perfectly. Lustar send my a new beta SDSE version for getting 3 zone snares from vst, and I own now many high quality 3 zone snares.

I love Drumit Three :)