SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Coda

I also didn't know about this 'creators update'. I'll have to google it.

I just made another VM for SDSE+BFD3 (W10 this time) and as is my routine it has all automatic updates turned off. Too many times in the past I've had what was supposedly a small and simple update right before I needed to do some work, and BAM!   >:(

MAC OS X all the way now! (Except for SDSE  :D)

Jman

Quote from: Coda on April 08, 2017, 04:10:23 AM
I also didn't know about this 'creators update'. I'll have to google it.

I just made another VM for SDSE+BFD3 (W10 this time) and as is my routine it has all automatic updates turned off. Too many times in the past I've had what was supposedly a small and simple update right before I needed to do some work, and BAM!   >:(

MAC OS X all the way now! (Except for SDSE  :D)
Yeah, the Windows creators update is not small or fast ....... I was using my tablet while my PC did the update and wasn't watching real close, but it took at least an hour.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Coda

I spoke too soon.

Was having a few issues with BFD and decided to restart the pooter. Noticed there was the usual shutdown and restart options, plus 'update and shutdown' and 'update and restart'. I did not click those and clicked only "restart".

Windows has just started to install updates anyway.  >:(

I think I have forgotten to set "Metered connection" on my network adapter to prevent updates. Luckily this is a VM and I can roll it back if necessary, but it really grinds my gears...

edcito

Well, I've exported a couple of kits today and it worked fine, I had only a couple of issues with cubase registration because it saw it as a change of hardware but nothing wrong with SDSE.

Lustar

SDSE 2.5.1 is available.

• support for GetGood Drums Halpern Drums v2 for Kontakt - thanks to sn47som
  • fixed possible issue preventing export from starting with SSD4 with some installations

Randall D

I get a trojan virus warning when trying to download SDSE to my Windows 10 PC.  Proceed anyway?

Lustar

Yes, it's a false positive for sure. Here's the link on virus total: virus total

edcito

Now that Superior Drummer 3 is out I guess Lustar will be very busy for the next couple of months?

Lustar

edcito

espen

Lustar

edcito

On another topic, could you implement functionality fot the Alesis strike pro size limit of 200MB per Kit? I'm considering this since the drumit3 appears to be similarly delayed like the drumit5 was....

Lustar

Sure, if you get the Alesis Strike Pro and find good settings it could be added as a preset.
There are presets for the 2box and Roland TD-50 but it can also work for other modules when using the Generic preset as a starting point in Options>General>Drum Module. Someone exported kits for the Yamaha DTX-Multi 12 recently. It should fit under 200MB by checking 16-bit in Options>Render then adjusting the maximum samples limit in Option>Samples. It would need to be something like 5 for everything, 10 for toms and closed hats, more for the snare. Checking Mono in Options>Render would allow to use more samples.

welshsteve

Quote from: edcito on September 23, 2017, 10:12:25 AM
On another topic, could you implement functionality fot the Alesis strike pro size limit of 200MB per Kit? I'm considering this since the drumit3 appears to be similarly delayed like the drumit5 was....

No dude!! You gotta wait for the D3.... I am! Of course you do what you chose, I am only joking. But I personally feel sad at every single loss of sale of the D3 because of delays of release especially in these tougher times for the small guy in the face of the giants of the game.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!