SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

DeraldPrice

Thanks for the explanation. I would be happy to help test the beta version. I have been beta testing a major release at work for weeks now so I am in that mode. :)

Lustar

SDSE 2.5.0 is available.

This version adds module profiles, support for 4K and high DPI screens and support for all the current sound libraries from Addictive Drums, Analogue Drums, FXpansion and Toontrack.

Thanks to everyone who tested, helped and provided feedback and suggestions, Jman, sn47som, Tony, Johannes, Digs, DeraldPrice, crosstix73, Angelo.

Drum Module Profiles
Presets with recommended settings for the 2box DrumIt Five, Roland TD-50, Pearl Mimic Pro and BeatBuddy.
Select your module during setup or in Options > General > Drum Module
All settings are saved in different configuration files so it's possible to set your own preferences for each module.
Click Reset to reset to the default settings for the current module.

Support for high DPI screens
It is not necessary any more to set Windows to 100% scaling

Support for the latest sound libraries
EZX2: Big Rock Drums, Dream Pop, Hip-Hop!, Progressive Rock, Post-Rock, Seventies Rock and Traditional Country - thanks to Johannes and Digs
Modern Soul R&B and United Heavy ADpak for Addictive Drums 2.
Analogue Drums DeadBeat and Gorilla 1.82 for Kontakt - thanks to Tony
Chocolate Audio The Black Album Drums for BFD3 and Kontakt.
BFD Cocktail, Eldorado, Horsepower, Metal Snares, Sonica Kabuki & Noh Percussion and Swan Percussion.

Accessibility for Superior Drummer 2 and Addictive Drums
F9 now jumps to the next available VST
improved F11 menu for Addictive Drums with options to clear the kit or keep only certain pieces.
F10 menu for Superior Drummer 2 to access most menus and add/remove SDX and EZX libraries
F11 shortcut for Superior Drummer 2 to load and preview instruments. Select a kit piece then an instrument. Select Preview to preview all instruments. Press CTRL + F11 to preview the current piece.
When Jaws screen reader is running SDSE will use it for all status messages ("checking reaper", "starting export job")
Jaws screen reader doesn't read the main menus from Superior Drummer 2 so SDSE uses the voice from Jaws to read them.

Other changes

• Preset name: it is now possible to type a preset name up to 16 characters. If the name is longer than 4 (recommended maximum) it's displayed in red and a random 2 character code is prepended to ensure that the filenames will be unique.
  • Export Mode: "per VST" now renders all hihats and cymbals as "Medium" ("per VST" = high except for some sound libraries and cymbals)
  • New Maximize option "samples" to normalize all samples (useful for modules that can only load a single sample for each zone)
  • Sort .dsnd in folders: settings to sort by kit instead of instrument (type Rock as a preset name before exporting "lib + preset" -> "\SD2NYRock", "preset" -> "\Rock")
  • fixed possible issue preventing export from starting with Kontakt 5.6 or newer.
  • The DrumIt Five Editor add-on is deprecated, the Layout editor from DKit Manager can be used to edit the kit layout used by SDSE when building .dkit files.
  • SSD4: fixed issue when exporting pieces with layered one-shot wav samples.
  • BFD3: force map when needed (disable the Presets/Key button in BFD3 to avoid overwriting the default mapping)

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

JRage

Posted by some mistake.

ANGR77

This DPI Scaling Stuff seems to work great! (On newer Microsoft Surface Pro 4 systems with extremely high resolutions) Had always problems before...now it is gone!!

Great work Denis!!

Best Regards

Anders
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

newmod

Is it possible to take a couple of China sounds out of 2box and add them to Logic library? So when I midi my 2box, I have a China Cymbal. For some reason Logic Pro drum kit designer don't have a China Cymbal.

Lustar

It's possible to extract the .wav samples from a .dsnd with DSoundTool.

newmod

Lustar, Can you explain this in more detail. Forgive me, I am new to the midi side of things.
I am just trying to figure out how to get a china sound on my Logic Pro with I am hooked up midi.

Lustar

I'm not familiar with Logic Pro but if it can load .wav samples it should be possible. To extract samples with DSoundTool: open your .dsnd with File > Open then extract with File > Split. Another way would be to trigger a drum VST like Addictive Drums 2, BFD3, Superior Drummer 2, there are many packs with china cymbals. SDSE is meant to do the opposite though, using all these VST sounds directly on your 2box!

redbull26

Hey Lustar - fellow programmer here, and I just wanted to thank you for the awesome software, it works great!  I bought SD2 and the Progressive Foundry SDX on sale recently, and with your tool I was ripping .dsnd files in no time. 

This forum is certainly rich with information - and although I'm late to the party (purchased my 2Box a few weeks ago), I'm glad so many of the key contributors here are still going strong.  All of this stuff is new to me, but it seems that in the 6-ish years that this module has existed - it has aged extremely well.

Lustar

Thanks for the feedback redbull26, and welcome to the 2box party!

Coda

Quote from: redbull26 on April 06, 2017, 08:24:24 PM...and although I'm late to the party (purchased my 2Box a few weeks ago), I'm glad so many of the key contributors here are still going strong.  All of this stuff is new to me, but it seems that in the 6-ish years that this module has existed - it has aged extremely well.
It's ok, the party is still going ;D
It seems the only thing that can replace a 2box module, is another 2box module. There is no competition to speak of.

edcito

Hi Lustar,
the windows 10 creators update is already making their way to millions of 2box users right now, ahem ahem, any quirks or bugs? I'm installing it right now but I won't have time to test it until next week :-)

Lustar

Hi edcito,
It should work nicely with Windows 10 Creators Update. I installed it tonight and didn't notice anything in particular, it exported as usual. Please tell me if you notice anything!

Jman

Quote from: edcito on April 07, 2017, 08:29:54 AM
Hi Lustar,
the windows 10 creators update is already making their way to millions of 2box users right now, ahem ahem, any quirks or bugs? I'm installing it right now but I won't have time to test it until next week :-)
I haven't tried SDSE with it yet, but thanks edcito. I didn't know about the Windows 10 Creators update before I read your post. So I did the update today .....  :)
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/