SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

Hi Perico, I regrouped all the information in the first post now, with a typical usage example. For more information please refer to the included documentation. Don't hesitate to send me an email if you have any question.

Perico

Ok thank you very much Lustar!
I will make my first test as soon as I get my SD2 box.
I know that some 2box users with MacOs systems like me are disappointed about not having an OsX SDSE version and I hope it will be ok for me to do all the process with a Bootcamp Windows installation.
I'll give my feedbacks as soon as I can.
Thanks to all the 2box community!

Rider

digitalDrummer

Jman

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 07, 2013, 11:15:53 AM
I think you'll find some demand for Addictive Drums.
Lustar has the version supporting Addictive drums in the works.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

RockStarGate

Quote from: Jman on January 07, 2013, 02:58:30 PM
Lustar has the version supporting Addictive drums in the works.

That will be nice, I somehow lost alot of my dsnd's somehow and don't really want to manually re-do them...kinda spoiled with SDSE!

Lustar

SDSE 1.2.0 is now available with support for Addictive Drums

Exporting whole kits or single instruments from Addictive Drums using SDSE 1.2 is done in one click and with the same set of features as exporting from Superior Drummer 2 using SDSE. .dsnd files are named using the original instrument names (also optionally the library name) and a .dkit file is created when you export a full kit.

The first post is updated with the list of supported Superior Drummer 2 and Addictive Drums libraries.

Here is the list of changes since 1.0
  • support for Addictive Drums
  • support for more Superior Drummer 2 libraries
  • support for Windows Vista and Superior Drummer 2.2.3
  • improved shrink filename replacements
  • quickstart prompt for first time users
  • rendered regions can be selected manually for unsupported VSTs
  • to help migrate your settings when you update to a new version of SDSE configuration is now split in several files
  • fixed special case with MusicCity
  • compatibility with older versions of Reaper 4 before 4.25

To Update to this new version from an existing installation:
- extract the new version in your current SDSE folder, overwrite all files (your configuration won't be overwritten)
- if you only made changes to the main configuration in SDSE.ini and didn't change filename replacements or SDX short names you can safely delete all sections of SDSE.ini after "[Parameters]".

Jman

Great, glad to see the new version released, nice list of improvements/changes! :rock:
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

RockStarGate

It's working great with AD for me. Thanks again.
BFD someday?  ;)

Lustar

Thanks for the feedback. If you have any suggestions or requests about support for AD don't hesitate to send a mail.
The next VST to be supported will be the one voted in the poll... ;)

Perico

Hi everybody!
I have my SD2 copy now, a SDSE licence, Reaper (evaluation version for now) installed and Dsound Tool too.
When I launch Reaper I have a message error concerning SD2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lpl9pdq5glupoa/Reaper_SDerror.PNG

Here you have a screenshot of the 1st install Dvd of SD2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a67hq88kf5yfw0/SD2_InstallDisc.PNG
First I have installed the Superior Drummer Sound Library in an external HDD but the files installed on the folder I choosed are .obw files!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aljwdq4xrh91724/SL-AvatarSounds.PNG
Then I have installed Toontrack solo and EZplayer Pro!
I'm a complete newbie in this stuff and I'm completly lost!  :o
Can somebody help me, telling me exactly what I have to do step by step!
If you need more infos and screenshots to help me don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks!

Lustar

Hi Perico,

You don't need Toontrack solo and EZplayer to export sounds, you just need Superior Drummer.

It looks like you may not have set your VST plugins path in Reaper, to do so:
press CTRL+P in Reaper to open the Preferences window, scroll down to "VST", click "Add" to browse to the folder where you have installed the Superior Drummer dll (C:\Program Files\VstPlugins or C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins if you use the 32bit version of Reaper on a 64bit OS). Click "Re-scan", then Apply. Close Reaper, open it again and see if it loaded SD2.
(I'm sending you a mail)

Perico

Hi everybody!
Just want to let you know that I've managed to make everything works well with Windows7 installed in a Mac Mini with bootcamp!
Thanks to Lustar who helped me a lot to allow me (a newbie in audio and sounds softs) to create my first dsnd files from SD2!

beppedrum

HI everybody
here's pic of output of SDSE from S.D .20 (21-Sabian-HH-Vintage)

and here's an image of dsnd file (Swiss_PR_22_Ride) from 2box factory

why the order of layers is changed?
The Swiss ride file, original from 2Box, works well with Stealth Jman's ride
The Sabian Ride, from SD 2.0 and SDSE don't works well  >:(
What can I do?
Thanx