SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

Lustar

SDSE 2.4.7 is available.

• batch convert: option to convert all single zone .wav files to Loop .dsnd
  • BFD3: added mapping for all extra kick, snare, floor tom, mid tom and high tom.
    It's now possible to export batches of up to 5 for each type (15 for perc)
  • BFD: support for Sonic Reality: Vinny Appice and Hugh Padgham Big Fill Kit - thanks to Jman
  • option to delete source .wav after Render/split (enabled by default)
  • fixed possible issue when building a .dkit file with long filenames
  • REAPER 5.23 is now the recommended version to use with SDSE

Jman

As always, thanks for the continued improvements and support! J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

JRage

Posted by some mistake.

welshsteve

This is a huge thread, so I might have missed someone else asking the question (and getting the answer) I am about to.

I have a mac with windows on it as separate boot up, on that it doesn't have any music programs (Cubase, reaper etc) installed.
On the mac partition I have Logic X with Superior Drummer installed with a bunch of libraries.
I also have virtual box on Mac partition.
To use SDSE, I would need install it on the windows side, plus reaper (for example) and the windows plug in of Superior drummer for SDSE to work?

Thanks in advance.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

JRage

Hi,

Yes, SDSE installs in Windows OS.
As for the rest, AFAIR the Reaper and DSoundTool will also be installed in SDSE installation process (or at least they are as options you can select).
And yes, you have to install in Windows Superior Drummer plugin for Reaper afterwards.

That's just how I remember, hopefully SDSE creator Lustark will explain you better  ;).
Posted by some mistake.

Lustar

Thanks JRage,

The most convenient would be virtual box if the Mac has more than 4GB of free RAM when running. It allows to export and work on something else at the same time. It should also be possible to share the main folder for the Superior Drummer libraries between the Mac and virtual box and point to the libraries in the Superior Drummer settings. Please don't hesitate to send me a PM or email if you need any help at all!

johnnykrisma

I was just trying to update my SDSE but every time I download it from the site, Windows Defender warns me it's a malware trojan called Win32/Fractua.D!plock As you might imagine, I'm hesitant to double click it to install. I emailed Lustark, but does anyone else see that download as malware?

Jman

Quote from: johnnykrisma on September 16, 2016, 06:57:41 PM
I was just trying to update my SDSE but every time I download it from the site, Windows Defender warns me it's a malware trojan called Win32/Fractua.D!plock As you might imagine, I'm hesitant to double click it to install. I emailed Lustark, but does anyone else see that download as malware?
Windows always gives me a warning, it is not malware, just click on install anyway. At least that is my advice. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Lustar

Thanks for telling me. It's a false positive, it happens from time to time with anti virus programs. I sent them a false positive report now.

Coda

This is where I usually start my "This is why I use Macs" speech :)

ANGR77

Hi!

I am running W10 (64 bit) and Windows Defender but have never seen this warning when download, installing or using SDSE. I would react on this if such a message came up.

Best Regards

ANGR77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

mvdput

I recently exported a few kits from SD2 with SDSE (with default setting) and I noticed that I have to turn up the volume of my 2Box module to the max to get a bit of decent sound. And it is still not how it should be.
Is it normal that the volume of custom exported kits is a lot lower than the standard stock sounds or am I doing something wrong and can I optimize some things?