SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Dr.Skins

Toontrack's Metal machine has one of the best sounding snare samples I've ever heard it's a tama bell brass snare. :rock:

Lustar

SDSE 1.9.7 is available.

This version adds support for Kontakt 5.3.0.
You don't need to update if you didn't experience the "nothing to render" issue when exporting from DrumMicA or the Native Instruments VSTs in Kontakt 5.3

Lustar

SDSE 1.9.8 is available.

To upgrade from 1.9.5 or newer:
- install the new version (your configuration won't be overwritten)

What's new:

• support for the Metal! SD2/EZdrummer EZX
  • DrumMicA: new checkbox to export a snare with Snares Off on the Head zone and Sidestick on the Rim zone (left: normal snare, right: Snares Off)
  • improved SSD4 support (toms loaded in the wrong slot are detected)
  • fixed Tambourine from the Latin Percussion EZX
  • fixed mouse related issue with Windows running on a Mac in a virtual machine
  • fixed missing bell for some BFD2/BFD Eco and Native Instrument VSTs crash cymbals

sandman

I bought the SDSE software last night online. How long does it take to get the registration key?

Lustar

I was just replying to your mail from a few minutes ago. It usually takes from a few minutes to a few hours depending on time zone differences. Your order arrived a 7:20AM and I sent the mail with the license 5 hours later (as soon as I could do it). The mail with the license must have been caught in a spam filter.
I haven't received a return receipt for the second mail so I'm sending you a PM here with the link.

sandman

Thank you very much for the quick reply, Lustar. I got the file you sent and now am able to use the SDSE software. Great piece of software. Makes importing VST's so much easier. I give SDSE Two Thumbs Up!:rock: :rock:

Murgen

Ahoy Lustar, I finally had time to upgrade to 1.98 and how nice to automatically trigger a full install of reaper with the proper settings. I just had to re-enter both the SDSE and Reaper license but that was easy. Created a new directory on my HD and running a fresh batch of BFD2.

Happy New Year!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

billgtx

Just purchased!  Have had a Roland TD-9 for about 3 years now.  Upgrading my module to the 2Box DrumIt 5 (it's on the way).  Getting prepared for the tinkering to come...  Thanks Lustar!

Lustar

License sent ;) Make sure to get the latest OS update if it's not already installed, as well as the latest 1.2x manual from the 2Box website

SaviDrums

I desperately want to see a SDSE for mac too please :)

The music industry is run on macs, every single studio I've ever worked in has macs. You won't find pro studio's using a PC, they are completely unreliable. Even all the guys I know who are just a little bit serious about their music uses a mac. Windows is a swear word, its one of the most unreliable platforms ever created. I will never go back to windows and certainly would never put it on a mac, that would be sacrilege ;)

SaviDrums

Ok, so I've come round to setting up a virtual machine on my mac, I just can't bear the thought of not having access to this excellent software. Lustars pm to me was really good in changing my mind, props to Lustar!  :rock:

Lustar

Thanks, don't hesitate to send me a mail if you need any help!

makoki

Hi guys, a crazy problem with SDSE. When try to go with to NI Studio Drummer, getting the answer "Can`t load NI preset". Haven't found the problem on the posts. Any help with that?

Thx in advance.

Lustar

Hi makoki,
If you have just installed Studio Drummer you may need to close REAPER and open it again so that Studio Drummer can find the SDSE mapping preset. It could also be a newer version of Studio Drummer.
Don't worry, we'll make it work, I'm sending you a mail :)