News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Setting ride cymbal to single zone ?

Started by GeeMo, November 01, 2012, 05:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeMo

I've scoured other posts and gone through the manual, but being relativly new to e drums and still going through a learning curve with the module I may have missed it, so apologies if this has been asked before and any help will be much appreciated !

I'm not sure if it is my playing style at fault here but I'm getting sick of playing the ride cymbal and getting the cup sound triggering when I'm no where near it, the same with the edge sound triggering so until I refine my style I just want the ride sound to trigger irrespective of where I hit the cymbal, how do I do it ?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
Ignore me, I'm an idiot, I've found it, my natural reaction is just ask you guys for help for speed in solution which doesn't help my understanding and familiarity with the module ! 

waxdass

GeeMo

Quote from: waxdass on November 02, 2012, 12:08:02 AM
care to share how you did it then?

It's not really explained that well from the manual, at least to the uneducated amongst us, mainly me, that's why I missed it !
Thanks to GenuineHuman for the link back to the manual and the page number.

This is how I did it, scroll through the kit menu you want to change, then press the page down key, hit the cymbal you want to change, then press the page down key, this brings up the kit envelope or ENV in the window, displayed top left is SOUND with 3 plus or '+++', press the button above SOUND and it will cycle through the amount of zones you want to trigger, or to exclude.

Mine is now set to '- + -' and only triggers the ride sound, save and repeat on the next kit.

Hope this helps