News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Standard 2Box heads; how tight?

Started by docadiddle, May 28, 2014, 07:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docadiddle2

Hi guys,  I'm new to the forum having taken delivery of my new 2Box kit last weekend. I absolutely love it and can see along and happy relationship ahead. My question is about the standard mesh heads.

I have played a TD6 up til now and found with the mesh head on my snare (8 inch), that when the head was really tight the rebound was actually lower, something which I definitely prefer. The 2Box heads are definitely more bouncy and I'm wondering if the same effect is likely to happen with these if I crank them up. My concern is that they're quite a bit thinner than the Roland mesh and I'm not too sure how it would affect their life span and the triggering. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I'm grateful for any comments and hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Tim

hemiboy

A few guys have blown holes in them . A more durable mesh head among many would be the black 682 mesh head  as far as the tension on the stock mesh heads,  snug but not too tight or I am pretty sure you will harpoon them depending on how hard you hit

docadiddle2

Thanks hemiboy. That confirms my feeling that the stock heads aren't suitable for high tension. Cheers.

hemiboy

yeah, I have to say I have had many other heads but not 2 box, including Roland , Hart , 682 drums, and Billy Blast all 2 ply heads and Pearl , a single ply. I am just going by others on the forum, who have blown thru 2 box heads, mostly kick and a couple of snare heads. A lot of guys go with 682 black heads which again are 2 ply. No mesh heads, however, are bullet proof. I know there are guys on this forum that have had their kits since 2009 with the original mesh heads and never replaced one. I would wait and see how the originals hold up . Pintech makes a small striker pad to go on top of mesh heads which might be good for you to get more " mileage" out of your 2 box heads. Possibly the snare and kick,but, of course, up to you. I think I will try Pintech reactions whites, a single ply head, and go with striker pads, we will see. My 682 blacks  , are still like new, a year and some months later