News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help needed with the hi-hat

Started by pmrls, October 23, 2012, 04:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmrls

Hi everyone,
I have received my drum kit, Jobeky drums with drumit 5 cymbals and electronic module, but I'm having trouble calibrating the hi-hat. When the hi-hat is closed I get no sound when I hit it, and if I use the pedal in a fast sequence of movements, sometimes it sounds and sometimes not. I have tried to calibrate it following the instructions manual but no result. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pedro

KevH

Just keep trying really. It takes ages sometimes. Be sure that the puck isn't travelling up when you lift the cymbal though, as this happened to me, and will affect operation. Other than that it's a little tricky to get dead on, but a little perseverance will see you right.

NeilC

Try a different cable, also contact your distributor, you could have a dodgy piece of kit, they might be able to assist more with troubleshooting

Murgen

I had this with my snare the first time. Turned out the jack was not fully inserted on the module. One click and a miracle happened.

Btw .. my favourite hihat is the Groove 13. Seems to have the full stock of samples.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012