News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Worried about kick drum retriggering

Started by Greg the groove, October 17, 2012, 03:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg the groove

Hi all, Im begnning to wory a little bit about using my Roland KD120 kick drum pad with my 2box module that is on its way. I remember when I first got my Roland kit, I had a little problem with the beater bouncing off the mesh head because it was too bouncey. I had to go into the Roland module and tweak with mask time and retrigger cancel times and it cleared it right up.

I read on here that the 2Box module doesnt have this feature and Im worried I will run into the same problem but not being able to fix it within the settings.

Any ideas? Will raising the threshold work? I guess I just have to wait and see when I get my 2Box next week

edtc

Quote from: Greg the groove on October 17, 2012, 03:17:26 AM

I read on here that the 2Box module doesnt have this feature and Im worried I will run into the same problem but not being able to fix it within the settings.

it s not totally exact .....  "KICK 2 "mode is supposed to help ...

KevH

I have found that with my 22" DIY kick, which is pretty bouncy, that a bit of messing with Kick 1/2 or other pad types, plus adjustment of threshold and also curve, trying different positions, has allowed me to eliminate any retrig. It's fiddly, but possible.

Jman

Quote from: KevH on October 17, 2012, 01:55:05 PM
I have found that with my 22" DIY kick, which is pretty bouncy, that a bit of messing with Kick 1/2 or other pad types, plus adjustment of threshold and also curve, trying different positions, has allowed me to eliminate any retrig. It's fiddly, but possible.
I don't think there should be any problem with a Roland KD-120, but for us with large kicks like 22" mesh .... I would suggest doing a bit of head muffling. For myself I am using the same Crossbar/cone type I used before with my TD-20, but since the 2Box has fewer tricks (like mask time and retrig cancel) I placed some foam dampening between the head and crossbar on each side of the crossbar. This has worked perfect for me, excellent triggering with no missed or double triggering at all ... J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

arkers

Try tennis ball beaters - I've heard people swear by them.