News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2BOX NOT LEAVING THE USA

Started by cymbalism, September 30, 2012, 01:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulrmr

Quote from: digitalDrummer on October 01, 2012, 01:37:02 AM
I'm talking about the general principle of patent protection and copyright.
How would 2box feel if its samples suddenly appeared in the Mark Drum, for example?

I understand that...but without a US patent...what's to stop that from happening. Clearly in other countries that are out of Roland's US patents reach... there are companies producing mesh head edrums where the cone is triggered by touching the head. What makes you think it couldn't be the other way around?

Murgen

Thank you Hellfire for explaining the patent thing. Roland patented the concept if that is what made 2Box stop selling in the States. Well, my friends and drummers in the States: it comes in 2 boxes if you order it from abroad.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

edtc

Maybe it would be still possible to sell a  brain + hihat+ cymbal set in america , there is no foam-sensor involved , so no patent problem .... ;)

Hellfire

Quote from: Murgen on October 01, 2012, 05:41:15 AM
Thank you Hellfire for explaining the patent thing. Roland patented the concept if that is what made 2Box stop selling in the States. Well, my friends and drummers in the States: it comes in 2 boxes if you order it from abroad.

Not a problem. However, keep in mind that my example of the foam and mesh head is just that, an example of where the infringement might be. That would be the most obvious when looking at the Roland patent, but in reality it could be any two parts that are listed in the patent. Of course we/me are assuming patent infringement. All that's really stated in this thread is "legal threats from the Roland Corp.". That doesn't necessary mean patent infringement allegations (It would be a good guess however).

cymbalism

I spoke with our supplier today and got more facts about this situation. The issue with Roland is with the mesh head patent. Nothing more and nothing less. The supplier was in no mood to deal with Roland on any level and decided to pull the whole line from the US market. After thoroughly explaining what a mistake that would be and pleading for a resolution I've made some headway.

As of today the module will be available through our company and can be purchased at http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/-strse-2222/Drumit-Five-2Box-Electronic/Detail.bok
I'll be working with our suppliers to help come up with possible alternatives for the kit in the meantime such as shipping the kits with rubber or Mylar heads. Mesh heads are always available separately through us or other dealers.

We're working hard to make sure this amazing kit does not disappear from the US market and we'll keep all of you up to date as things develop.

For you that are interested in purchasing a kit please contact me personally for news and possible alternatives at sales@cymbalismmusic.com

Thanks all,

Scott

Jman

Quote from: Cymbalism Music on October 01, 2012, 09:45:40 PM
I spoke with our supplier today and got more facts about this situation. The issue with Roland is with the mesh head patent. Nothing more and nothing less. The supplier was in no mood to deal with Roland on any level and decided to pull the whole line from the US market. After thoroughly explaining what a mistake that would be and pleading for a resolution I've made some headway.

As of today the module will be available through our company and can be purchased at http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/-strse-2222/Drumit-Five-2Box-Electronic/Detail.bok
I'll be working with our suppliers to help come up with possible alternatives for the kit in the meantime such as shipping the kits with rubber or Mylar heads. Mesh heads are always available separately through us or other dealers.

We're working hard to make sure this amazing kit does not disappear from the US market and we'll keep all of you up to date as things develop.

For you that are interested in purchasing a kit please contact me personally for news and possible alternatives at sales@cymbalismmusic.com

Thanks all,

Scott
You might want to try and keep the 2Box module and Hi Hat available to begin with. Other brand edrums and even eCymbals can be used with the 2Box module. But the Hi Hat is a different story.

Yamaha and now Pearl have gone to silicon type heads which avoids the mesh patent hassle. So a US solution of possibly shipping with Mylar heads and the new Rubber dampener for the top might just be the ticket at least as a temporary solution. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

cymbalism

Quote from: Jman on October 01, 2012, 10:11:34 PM
You might want to try and keep the 2Box module and Hi Hat available to begin with. Other brand edrums and even eCymbals can be used with the 2Box module. But the Hi Hat is a different story.

Yamaha and now Pearl have gone to silicon type heads which avoids the mesh patent hassle. So a US solution of possibly shipping with Mylar heads and the new Rubber dampener for the top might just be the ticket at least as a temporary solution. J

Yes that was the plan. One step at a time though. I'll be working on adding the cymbals, hihats and hardware as I receive authorization from our suppliers.

I'll keep you posted.

Murgen

Nice ... hope your effort pays off.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

cymbalism

Quote from: Cymbalism Music on October 01, 2012, 09:45:40 PM

Thanks all,

Scott

More good news fellas. We're moving in a very positive direction in getting the kits back available in US. For now the module and all cymbal pads are available on the site at http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/-strse-Drums-cln-Electronic-Percussion-cln-Drumit-Five-2Box/Categories.bok as well as any parts or hardware items.

Also notice that there's been a PRICE DECREASE on all 2Box products. You can snag the module now for just $1299.

If your interested in the kit please get a hold of me at sales@cymbalismmusic.com or call 800-332-7460 and we can discuss some options.

Scott

puttenvr

That's great news, for making the orange platform even bigger world wide.