News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

new E-kits in 2010

Started by roel, December 05, 2009, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

UC

puttenvr

Pitty they didn't include a sample function
It's a nice tool to jam along with, as long as it doesn't start to bore/annoy you

Baby Samus

Quote from: wbrs on January 14, 2010, 01:43:09 PM
I know you guys are a little touchy when I knock the look of your little orange p**sy pads , but where in my post did you get the idea I don't demand the highest  sound quality?

Its not that anyone's touchy about you having an opinion wbrs, its the way you come across - is there any need to try to rattle people's cages just for your amusement?  I wouldn't mind so much unless I saw a point to you calling the 2Box pads 'little orange p**sy pads', which I don't because:

• The pads and cymbals are a good size
  • Being made from aluminium and polycarbonate make them very strong - not 'pussy'
  • Orange is just a colour - if they were blue some would complain.  If they were yellow some would complain.  If they were green some would complain...you get the idea.  I personally love the look of the 2Box and so does every person that has come to my house to try it.

So you want the best look and the best sound - may I ask what you are using currently, and what you plan to buy?

The e-pro looks fine and so does the hardware, but I wasn't impressed with the sounds at all.  Sounded like a td-8/9 to me i.e. not too good.  The high res kit sounded nice but if you can only fit one in memory its a bit limiting.  Strangely I thought that one of the positive things about having an e-kit is the reduced weight.  I have always hated having to carry so much gear and lug massive kits around that popping my 2Box into a neat carry case and slinging it over my shoulder seems like progress to me, whatever you think about the looks.  Once you're on stage, its the sound quality that matters, and 2Box has that in spades.  I thought people in the audience would think it looked interesting and different anyway rather than just another drum kit...

wbrs

I'm sorry but that's what they look like to me. Maybe I should keep my opinions to my self. You would rather not know.

NeilC

Quote from: wbrs on January 14, 2010, 01:43:09 PM
I know you guys are a little touchy when I knock the look of your little orange p**sy pads , but where in my post did you get the idea I don't demand the highest  sound quality?

Please refrain from posting comments like this, we'd like to keep this forum open for constructive debate and hints and tips. If you want to offend 2Box or users of a forum.... find another.

Thanks

wbrs

I use 1963 set of Gretsch. Not found an ekit yet still looking.

wbrs

Quote from: NeilC on January 15, 2010, 04:01:07 PM
Please refrain from posting comments like this, we'd like to keep this forum open for constructive debate and hints and tips. If you want to offend 2Box or users of a forum.... find another.

Thanks
Weak

UC

wbrs - final warning: respect admins and board members alike or find somewhere else to troll.

wbrs

What is disrespectful? Even trolls need to know.

Baby Samus

Quote from: wbrs on January 15, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
What is disrespectful? Even trolls need to know.

I see you were banned from the v-drums forum - I wonder why...

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/member.php?u=17945

wbrs

Yea they didn't like my comments about vdrums either. It is kind of similar. But I've got to call it like I see it.

wbrs

You would think I'm all alone in my opinion of how the drumit looks. 2box is going to loose alot of sales because of it. They have self limited themselves. How many blues, country, metal, hard rock, rockabilly, would go for this look over an improved version of the epro. And there will be an improved version because it is now a trend for edrums to look like A's. Drumit looks made for the ero disco scene.

NeilC

No you're not alone, but make comments like you just have, and not stupid ones like you did on the 4th. This is an adult forum for adult speak. Please keep it that way.

If we want to talk about looks? I think it far surpasses the look of the e-pro - lots of drummers will favour the colour and lots won't.

wbrs

I'm sorry you think it was stupid but it is what I think they look like and I am sure others. It doesn't do you any good to have your head in the sand.