News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

new E-kits in 2010

Started by roel, December 05, 2009, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 12, 2010, 06:54:14 PM
Did you hear the sounds , other than those video files?
I'm not impressed. But different tastes for different folks
Look on http://www.alesis.com/dm10prokit#
Enough to load a full toontrack kit into it. What would you have more?
Why?

no I did not hear more sounds only from that video but they sound good, curious how it sounds live.
so the pearl module has 12 inputs,
I prefer the 2box for home-use because its smaller/compact and it has 4 gig memory.

1 full toontrack kit into it? this is not so much... well the 2box has at least 50/128 great sounding kits.

Remi

it looks like if there is laying snow on the drumkit ;D

TrommelTheo

don´t inhale SNOW, whatever kind of it is  :rock:

puttenvr, 128 MB RAMis a bad Joke, a relict of the early 90´s, isn´t it?
The 2Box-Brain will beat everything on th Market at this moment, cause it has (will have) open source and no other Brand can delive this now! If a DM 10 can load a EZ-Drummer - Set (in nearly 20 Minutes i´ve heard) why cant they use modern electronic equipment with powerful Processoring and 4-16 gig Ram where you can load different Sets from Toonfxpansionaddictive-Drums? SM-ProAudio shows all of us, how it could be with their V-Machine. at the moment you can only play one -Set of EZ-Drummer, but this is (what i ve seen on the installation-tool) only a question of programming the tree to the saved sets you ´ve created bevor...

OMG, my € 200,00 Mobilephone has more Processor-Power than a € 1k to 2k expensive E-Drum-Brain, if it wouldn´t be so sad i would laugh about it

I hate E-Drum-Developer without visions like the guys from Alesis/Pearl, Yamaha and Roland, the 2Box Team opened a new way and i can only hope for them, that this is not the end for years and they will have the Power to surprise us in the near future.

Theo

roel

Quote from: TrommelTheo on January 12, 2010, 08:52:16 PM
don´t inhale SNOW, whatever kind of it is  :rock:

puttenvr, 128 MB RAMis a bad Joke, a relict of the early 90´s, isn´t it?
The 2Box-Brain will beat everything on th Market at this moment, cause it has (will have) open source and no one other Brand can delive this now! If a DM 10 can load a EZ-Drummer - Set (in nearly 20 Minutes i´ve heard) why cant they use modern electronic equipment with powerful Processoring and 4-16 gig Ram where you can load different Sets from Toonfxpansionaddictive-Drums? SM-ProAudio shows all of us, how it could be with their V-Machine. at the moment you can only play one -Set of EZ-Drummer, but this is (what i ve seen on the installation-tool) only a question of programming the tree to the saved sets you ´ve created bevor...

OMG, my € 200,00 Mobilephone has more Processor-Power than a € 1k to 2k expensive E-Drum-Brain, if it wouldn´t be so sad i would laugh about it

I hate E-Drum-Developer without visions like the guys from Alesis/Pearl, Yamaha and Roland, the 2Box Team opened a new way and i can only hope for them, that this is not the end for years and they will have the Power to surprise us in the near future.

Theo

I totally agree with this.

wbrs

Quote from: Scottie on January 12, 2010, 05:52:57 PM
Hi roel

Could you tell me what it is about the e-pro kit that you are so impressed with?
Just interested in all the different points of view with this kit.

Thanks
Scott
How about it looks better than 2 box to me. I'm sure it doesn't sound as good if they haven't greatly improved it over the DM10.

wbrs

Now if the pearls worked with the 2box module even if it was just the drums and use the 2box hh and crash with a yamaha ride because it's bigger it would look
better to me and still sound good. 

roel

Quote from: wbrs on January 12, 2010, 09:53:52 PM
Now if the pearls worked with the 2box module even if it was just the drums and use the 2box hh and crash with a yamaha ride because it's bigger it would look
better to me and still sound good. 

you could use drum-tec pads with the 2box module.

UC

Quote from: TrommelTheo on January 12, 2010, 08:52:16 PM

Haha I just wrote the same thing in another post (didn't see yours). By the way, I've already copyrighted 2Box: The iPhone Application ;)

Travis182

Quote from: wbrs on January 12, 2010, 09:35:04 PM
How about it looks better than 2 box to me. I'm sure it doesn't sound as good if they haven't greatly improved it over the DM10.

I have never understood peoples logic when it comes to this. So you would rather your kit looks good than sound good? If I went to a show and saw someone sitting infront of a really cool kit then heard them playing crappy sounds it would make me not take them serious as a drummer at all. I actually think if this is really what pearl has done and gone down the alesis route, I think it's a total kop out.

puttenvr

For drummers both a good sound and good look are important
For the audience only good playing and a good sound is important
When the audience is happy with the latter, I'll get applause as a result I am happy
So why bother the looks of a drumkit?

Remi

good point.

What are good looks anyway?
can not argue about taste ;D

TrommelTheo

what does a good looking Kit help, if the drummer looks like puttenvr or me?  :rock: ;D ;D
Theo

roel

Quote from: TrommelTheo on January 13, 2010, 07:14:35 PM
what does a good looking Kit help, if the drummer looks like puttenvr or me?  :rock: ;D ;D
Theo

lol :rock:

hdevr000

Hahahaha

Coming back to the memory thing, what kind of memory is inside? Is there a slot or it's fixed somehow.
I wish I could open it up to see it but then of course the warranty is gone.

Henk

wbrs

Quote from: Travis182 on January 13, 2010, 02:54:01 PM
I have never understood peoples logic when it comes to this. So you would rather your kit looks good than sound good? If I went to a show and saw someone sitting infront of a really cool kit then heard them playing crappy sounds it would make me not take them serious as a drummer at all. I actually think if this is really what pearl has done and gone down the alesis route, I think it's a total kop out.
I know you guys are a little touchy when I knock the look of your little orange p**sy pads , but where in my post did you get the idea I don't demand the highest  sound quality?