News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

new E-kits in 2010

Started by roel, December 05, 2009, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goony

Well I am waiting for the new kits before I decided which Kit to buy, I did go to demo a 2box, but the dealer wouldnt let me, told me he had sold the demo kit, and wasnt getting anymore, so 2box lost me..

Scottie

Quote from: goony on December 16, 2009, 10:17:29 PM
Well I am waiting for the new kits before I decided which Kit to buy, I did go to demo a 2box, but the dealer wouldnt let me, told me he had sold the demo kit, and wasnt getting anymore, so 2box lost me..

Hi goony

What retailer was it that you went to? It's a shame that you don't try the DrumIt Five out before you make your decision, but from some of your other posts, i get the feeling that you are leaning towards the DM10?

Thanks
Scott

goony

not leaning towards any yet, I tried the Yammie extreme today, mightily impressed as well. The retailer in particular, well I wont name as, they been ok in the past, but I certainly will not be going there again, espcially after a 2 hour wasted drive. But they are based in Birmingham. So far I have tried the TD9 (nice sounds but mesh heads way too bouncy), Yamaha extreme, nice kit, way too big for my needs, but feels nice to play. Drum it, well no local dealers (Im in Sleaford, Lincs)

hwasser

goony

yeah i saw these on the website, silicon based heads on pads, way out of  my budget though.  :'(

goony

The Pearl redbox module looks like its a rebranded Alesis DM10 pro....

TrommelTheo

IT IS a rebranded DM 10  :animal: and it looks better than the original, but it takes 20 minutes to load bfd or toontrack *rofl*
But look on the "inspired" look of Dennis chambers *lol* ::)

Theo

roel

Quote from: TrommelTheo on January 11, 2010, 11:53:00 PM
Pearl comes with this:
http://www.pearldrum.com/epro-preview.html

Theo

all I can say is that iam very impressed by the new pearl e-pro kit.
Now my question what will this set cost in euro's?

TrommelTheo

i think it would cost more than a do-uble of a D5
and where are the advantages of a E-Drum? Less transportroom, quick builtup and down, small weights

Theo

Scottie

Quote from: roel on January 12, 2010, 05:08:10 PM
all I can say is that iam very impressed by the new pearl e-pro kit.
Now my question what will this set cost in euro's?

Hi roel

Could you tell me what it is about the e-pro kit that you are so impressed with?
Just interested in all the different points of view with this kit.

Thanks
Scott

roel

Quote from: Scottie on January 12, 2010, 05:52:57 PM
Hi roel

Could you tell me what it is about the e-pro kit that you are so impressed with?
Just interested in all the different points of view with this kit.

Thanks
Scott

Iam still interested in the 2box set,  but Iam curious about the price of the Pearl e-pro.
it looks like an acoustic kit, it has great sounds and it looks sturdie, but iam wondering how mutch inputs there are,and what about that 128 mb? not much...

I also like the look of the 2box, and for homeuse I prefer the 2box set.

Scottie

Quote from: roel on January 12, 2010, 06:05:48 PM
Iam still interested in the 2box set,  but Iam curious about the price of the Pearl e-pro.
it looks like an acoustic kit, it has great sounds and it looks sturdie, but iam wondering how mutch inputs there are,and what about that 128 mb? not much...

I also like the look of the 2box, and for homeuse I prefer the 2box set.

Hi roel

Please dont take my question as me bashing your post. I was truly interested to hear your view on it, as it is always good to hear what end user's think about other products.

I think this indicates just how big the edrum market is getting now, and it is good to see another name in the mix. It certainly keeps everyone on their toes, which means only good things for the end users ;D

Thanks
Scott

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on January 12, 2010, 06:05:48 PMit has great sounds
Did you hear the sounds , other than those video files?
I'm not impressed. But different tastes for different folks

Quotehow mutch inputs there are,
Look on http://www.alesis.com/dm10prokit#

Quoteand what about that 128 mb? not much...
Enough to load a full toontrack kit into it. What would you have more?

Quoteand for homeuse I prefer the 2box set.
Why?