News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Compatability with non-2Box hardware?

Started by Kyrrinstoch, December 02, 2009, 08:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyrrinstoch

Since I integrate my electronics with my acoustic kit fairly often, I'm interested in finding out the following:

• What size (dia) hex arms can the pads be connected to?
  • Are the cymbal triggers compatible with a regular cymbal stand or cymbal boom arm from a rack (like Gibraltar for example)?
  • Can the DrumIt 5 kick pad work without the rack? I'd like to be able to use it as an auxiliary kick and the rack setup won't permit this.
  • Will the hex-rod mounting for the DrumIt 5 module work with a Gibraltar/Dixon style rack clamp, or is it too narrow a diameter to be held securely?

Optimally, I'd like to have 2 tom pads on the right, 2 on the left, the snare and kick on the left (as an Aux snare and kick) when setup with my acoustic drums and cymbals.

I'm also interested in setting up to more closely replicate my acoustic setup for those instances when the electronics would be the preferred choice (due to space, volume control, etc). I use a 1 rack, 2 floor tom setup and the DrumIt 5 rack design just isn't flexible enough to do this.

viina

Hi, what is the diameter on 2box  rack pipe? need to know to use rack clamps for extra cymbals. can`t find diameter from manual. thanks!

Scottie

Quote from: viina on December 15, 2009, 10:59:46 PM
Hi, what is the diameter on 2box rack pipe? need to know to use rack clamps for extra cymbals. can`t find diameter from manual. thanks!

Hi viina

I will try and get this measurement for you tomorrow.

Thanks
Scott

viina

Quote from: Scottie on December 15, 2009, 11:30:30 PM
Quote from: viina on December 15, 2009, 10:59:46 PM
Hi, what is the diameter on 2box rack pipe? need to know to use rack clamps for extra cymbals. can`t find diameter from manual. thanks!

Hi viina

I will try and get this measurement for you tomorrow.

Thanks
Scott

Thanks Scott. It looks like it`s the same pipe that Yamaha useing on E-drums? Would be, then Its easy to use yamaha clamps. 

xaronv

Hi,  Just to answer fast, it's the same diameter as a yamaha rack that i own. So i think that it is pretty standard size.

Hope this help

viina

today tried YAMAHA PCY-135, and YAMAHA PCY-65 cymbals, both worked perfectly!! I plugged Muse Receptor and played some Battery3 kits.....mmm guys here my ambient dream came true:)

Kyrrinstoch

OK, I'll ask again - does anyone have information on the following yet?

• What size (dia) hex arms can the pads be connected to?
  • Are the cymbal triggers compatible with a regular cymbal stand or cymbal boom arm from a rack (like Gibraltar for example)?
  • Can the DrumIt 5 kick pad work without the rack? I'd like to be able to use it as an auxiliary kick and the rack setup won't permit this.
  • Will the hex-rod mounting for the DrumIt 5 module work with a Gibraltar/Dixon style rack clamp, or is it too narrow a diameter to be held securely?

alainV

You can see my topic  "carbone rack with Gibraltar hardware"

Its fully compatible with Gibraltar, same diameter, and standard cymbal mounting

NeilC

I can try and get measurements for you tonight...

Alain, does your 2Box light up orange on your Kick or is it a trick of the light??

alainV

Yes, its a slightly orange light. They plan to make it reacting with the second kick channel....

NeilC

But does it actually light up... i read ages ago that this would be a feature...

alainV

It's always lighting when the unit is on

NeilC

Ooh, I have never noticed this... I will check mine tonight! (Little things) :)

Kyrrinstoch

Quote from: alainV on January 07, 2010, 10:21:26 AM
You can see my topic  "carbone rack with Gibraltar hardware"

Its fully compatible with Gibraltar, same diameter, and standard cymbal mounting

alainV, that's great news.

I'm still curious about the hex-rod diameter and if the kick pad can be used as a stand alone though.