News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

urgent help i need a good ROCK kick sample.

Started by Modus_Drummer, September 13, 2012, 02:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modus_Drummer

Hi guys

Im having abit of issues, I'm in urgent need of a punchy ROCK kick sample. I'm currently running 2 x 18inch dynacord subbies active from a 16 chann dynacord desk/mixer and cannot get a good bottom end from the kick drum. Can someone help me please?

Sash

Murgen

Try the kick from default set 42, sounds clear and punchie to me.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Modus_Drummer

Hey thanks for the reply,
What settings have you got?
For example thres, curve gain. Have you used that kick on stage or on a pa system. Thanks for ur help

Murgen

Will check, it is just the factory setting and using it via a mixer connected to my drumcabin amp with speakers (2x100 watts).

Give you the name of the kick later today.
--------

Murgen

On my audio Kit 42 - Ludwigs Walnuts has a Walnut 20 Kik Em1 and it sounds very rock and punchie. Default setting. 0.0 dB, Tune -0.0 and Volume on +6.0 dB. That is what the Drumit Five Editor is telling me.
--------

Modus_Drummer

Does the module have a build in EQ to adjust frequencys on the kick drum ie. Drop 120 MHz or increase 60/80 MHz  like the rolands? By the way thanks for help buddy legend

Murgen

Quote from: Modus_Drummer on September 15, 2012, 08:19:49 AM
Does the module have a build in EQ to adjust frequencys on the kick drum ie. Drop 120 MHz or increase 60/80 MHz  like the rolands? By the way thanks for help buddy legend

I think it does. It is the tune-option which I use on the Editor software (Mac or Windows). I do not use the module settings a lot but must be on there as well.
--------