News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Kick Drum Setup

Started by Modus_Drummer, September 10, 2012, 02:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modus_Drummer

Hi Guys,
            Im aware of the previous topic on the kick drum setup so i was wondering what would be the best to help my situation.

I have a mk2 kit but with a mk1 kick drum pad pissed off :( but oh well - when i play on stage my kick drum is distorting when i actual hit it hard but if i hit it soft or medium strokes its perfect, i have played around with the curves, thresholds and gains on the module but still no go, i even put everything down on 0 and worked my self up slowly...
As per previous topics i can see people are ripping out the foams and moving sensors. Can someone please advise me what i should do? im looking just to take the retangle foam out first that covers the LED light and still leaving my trigger in the middle and the foam all around it. Can someone advise me the correct  sound/file i should use for an accoustic kick to get the maximum punch including the actual settings for eg. curves and thresholds, im running 2 x 18inch dynacord subs and i get the worse kick ever, my old yamaha's dtx express have a better kick!!! Your help is much appriciated.

Kind Regards
Sash :patbat2box: