News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box and Yamaha PCY 155 as a 3-zone ride

Started by Hombre86, August 20, 2012, 10:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hombre86

Hi!! I need Help!!
I bought a cymbal Yamaha 155 3-zone cymbal. I has connected  cymbal to  2box unit  as a ride cymbal! the problem is that is work only 2 of the 3 zones are available. Bell works as a edge, bow as a bow and adge as a adge.

Question! whether the module settings to solve the problem? to run all three zones correctly? Ride like the Bel Mid and Edge

Thanx!!!

Haggis-man

Hi,

See this thread here about getting the PCy135/155 to work as a ride or crash with 2 zones:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1010.msg9864#msg9864

Hombre86

Thank you!! Yes, I know, I read it.   is it possible to work 3 zones  at same time??...

Nico

As Manfred described in "usage as crash". Choose Cym12/14 as type and disconnect the bell switch. The bell sound will trigger depending on the gain setting and how hard you hit.
I tried this on my PCY150S, not very usable, maybe for a crash but not for a ride. Looking at the schematic, maybe if the bell switch is put in parallel with resistor R5 (on the PCY150S this is a capacitor btw) it could work better.
Recently I moved from the 3 zone 2box cymbal to the PCY150S 2 zone (bell/bow) ride. The seperation and sensivity of the bell is much better and I also prefer the feel/rebound.

alexkom

I am new to this forum & 2Box and have read a lot about the bell and ride velocity triggering. Is it possible for Drumit to update their software to include a parameter to adjust the velocity to help separate the triggering between bow and bell to suit playing... the bell gain and bow threshold settings are rather crude?

Alex

Love the sounds

2Box & cymbals with Roland td9kx2 rig / roland ride (set to cup)